A home builder in Markham requires a Site Superintendent (Residential Construction) who will be responsible for all aspects of project management on worksites, including ensuring compliance with design, project specifications, regulations, timelines and safety codes. The incumbent will monitor workers and subcontractors’ job performances on worksites to ensure duties are being completed. The Site Superintendent must have a strong dedication to health and safety in the workplace ensuring all workers and subcontractors perform their duties in accordance with Grandfield Homes’ policies and procedures at all times.
Torino Construction offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Play a key role in ensuring the project is executed on time and on budget by effectively mobilizing labour, equipment and material resources.
- Maximize site productivity by managing and coordinating the work performance, quality and efficiency of labourers and subcontractors
- Create a safe work environment by implementing strict Health and Safety guidelines on site and ensuring compliance with all related legislation and safe practices.
- Lead safety orientations for trades.
- Interpret plans and specifications according to the scope of the project, ensuring compliance with working drawings and specifications.
- Manage subcontractor activities to ensure adherence to the project construction schedule and budget.
- Liaise effectively and maintain regular communication with all Project Stakeholders.
- Exercise due diligence, including maintenance of a daily job history log, inspecting workmanship to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and identifying resources required to mitigate potential risks and hazards.
Skills and Experience:
- Over 10 years of construction management experience.
- Experience in the Low-Rise Residential Custom Homes construction.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively hold others accountable for quality and performance.
- Relationship savvy and interpersonal skills to demand the respect of all stakeholders.
- Understanding of applicable health and safety and construction-related legislation.
- Exceptional time management to prioritize activities and allocate resources effectively.
- Commitment to recognizing and mitigating risks.
- Strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- High degree of integrity, honesty and ethics.
- Computer proficiency in MS Project, Excel and Outlook.
Please make sure your personal email has been indicated in the resume, which might help to avoid any interview invite entering the spam folder of your email. Thank you for your corporation!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Extended Health Care
- Construction Supervising: 10 years (Required)