CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Senior Auditor, Internal Audit, conducts audits of CIBC Mellon lines of business in accordance with Internal Audit Review policies, practices and standards to identify areas of risk to the company. Participates in the planning and execution of audits to ensure appropriate internal controls exist and regulatory requirements are met. Plans and manages smaller audits, including providing direction and guidance to Auditors. The incumbent consults with business representatives to obtain an in-depth understanding of business processes, assesses potential risks, and makes recommendations for remedial action.
- Participates in audit planning activities including consulting with the business to collect background information and documentation to conduct field work as well as support the assessment of risk, determine the scope of the audit and develop a comprehensive testing plan.
- Conducts risk-focused audits in accordance with Internal Audit Review policies, practices and standards.
- Performs testing of key controls and protocols to determine whether the controls are operating effectively and identify significant control weaknesses.
- Documents audit findings and test results, exercising judgment to analyze results in preparing working papers which record and summarize audit data and adequately support audit findings and conclusions.
- Communicates audit results and provides specialized business advice to Business Unit Management such as policy and process recommendations and best practices; on occasion may escalate audit concerns to Internal Audit Management to ensure high risk issues are resolved.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders including Internal Audit staff, auditors of parent companies and clients to maintain effective communication and support the ongoing mitigation of any audit risks and areas of exposure.
- Manages small audits and provides direction and advise to Auditors to ensure recommendations are relevant and comprehensive, and enhance internal controls or operational efficiency for situations where exceptions are identified through testing
- Researches emerging audit and risk related issues, trends and methodologies to assess impact on CIBC Mellon’s changing business, and maintains knowledge of CIBC Mellon business operations and internal controls to conduct high quality audits and provide relevant and realistic recommendations
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- University degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting or Business
- CA, CPA, CIA or CRMA designation preferred
- 3 to 5 years progressive experience in audit
- Knowledge of securities industry and custody services or financial services
- Experience of technology based auditing and data analytical procedures.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better