BLUEWATER DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION
STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM SUPERVISOR (1.0 FTE)
Interviews will be conducted via telephone or using technology.
COMMENCING: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Bluewater District School Board Education Centre, Chesley
The Student Information System Supervisor supervises the Application Support team whose primary duties include the administration of the student information system (Trillium) and the stewardship of data for the construction of legislative and management reports. Reporting directly to the CIO/Manager of ICT, this position requires a strong focus on applications support, customer service, data stewardship, teamwork, leadership, employee development, situation analysis, problem solving, resourcefulness and judgement.
- Passionately engaged to deliver on the Boards’ mission and provide value to our students and staff;
- Provide daily direction, leadership and support to the Applications Support team in the gathering, analysis and presentation of data;
- Co-ordinate tasks related to applications within the Student Information Systems product suite (Trillium). Related parent tools for home notification and reporting of student attendance;
- Participate in the development and management of the IT department budget;
- Serve as an ICT project manager which entails: determining requirements, developing project charters and plans, identifying and mitigating project risks, coordinating resources and tasks, communicating with stakeholders and executing the project plan;
- Provide oversight and support of system-wide application software including application configuration, maintenance, documentation and training;
- Work as a project manager to execute and manage transitions, upgrades while mitigating any risks;
- Work closely with the Application Support team and school staff to ensure the data being gathered for reporting purposes is sufficient and of high quality;
- Work closely with departments to identify reports and produce these in a timely fashion
- Participate in recruitment process;
- Work with the ICT management team to develop and implement the IT Strategic Plan;
- Conduct reviews of the efficiency and effectiveness of present and new applications, software services, protocols, and standards;
- Research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting and application upgrade recommendations;
- Engage with colleagues in the K-12 community to bring new ideas and examples of innovative practice to the BWDSB for discussion and possible implementation;
- Serve as the board authority for the Ministry of Education OnSIS reporting requirements and direct the reporting of data to the Ministry of education and other external agencies on behalf of the board; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in computer science or related discipline or a combination of education and relevant ICT experience;
- Minimum five (5) years in an Ontario School Board centrally supporting the Student Information System and Ministry OnSIS reporting; and
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Certification in Information and Communication Technology Management (OASBO) preferred;
- Project management skills preferred;
- Successful management experience including: supporting and managing enterprise application software, managing a team of people, leading organizational change (people, process and technology) and managing IT projects;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, problem solving, research and analytical skills;
- Experience with data stewardship (collection, quality, integrity, privacy, security);
- Experience with/knowledge of information security best practices;
- Advance knowledge of the business rules and requirements of the Ministry OnSIS (Ontario School Information System) collections;
- Knowledge of enterprise application software (ONSIS, Compass, School Messenger, MyBlueprint, Edsembli K212Systems);
- Knowledge of regulations in the Ontario K-12 educational sector;
- Experiences with technology implementation, training and support in an educational environment;
- ITIL certification (or willingness to obtain the certification);
- PMI certification (PMP, CAPM) preferred; and
- IT certifications from Microsoft.
For all interested applicants please send a cover letter together with a current resume, including references and permission to check references, by email to the Application Contact by
4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 15, 2020. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Application Contact: Brad Ross, Manager of Information Communications Technology Services / CIO
We thank everyone for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- “Applicants are encouraged to self-identify and notify Human Resources Services if any accommodations are required to participate in the recruitment process.”*
Reference ID: 1059
Job Type: Full-time