As a member of the Fairmont team you will have access to subsidized housing starting at $16.50/day, health benefits after 3 months of full time employment, pension plans after 6 months and the opportunity to live and grow your career in a National Park!
www.lakelouisejobs.com for other great Hotel Jobs
Assistant Outlet Manager
The Chateau Lake Louise is seeking a dynamic Outlet Assistant Manager. Reporting to the Outlet Manager, this position will be responsible for the effective and efficient day-to-day operation. This position is ideal for the individual who aspires to increase department head level experience, manage multiple operation and continue the growth toward the next management level in Food & Beverage.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the OutletManager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead the F&B outlet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Handle guests concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Assist in recruitment, onboarding and training of all colleagues and supervisors
- Balance operational, administrative and colleague needs
- Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the F&B teams to implement upon strategies, practices and promotions
- Inspires the ongoing professional development, performance management, growth and satisfaction of all team members
- Works with the kitchen, stewarding and all restaurant and hotel leaders to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture
- Assists with the development of creative menus, wine lists, service delivery and standards of all F&B operations
- Promotes and ensures a clean and safe working environment, with continual emphasis on promoting health & safety
- Attend departmental, F&B and schedule meetings in the absence of the manager
- Assists with the staffing and scheduling to ensure adequate and balanced colleague and leadership levels in line with our labour standards and productivity expectations
- Ensures a positive visual impact including ambiance, cleanliness, décor and service
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food and Beverage leadership experience required
- Previous Point of Sale system experience preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicant must hold the proper authorization to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent