Global Gourmet Foods is a division of Premium Brands Holdings Corporation (TSX: PBH) which owns a broad range of leading specialty food manufacturing and differentiated food distribution businesses with operations. Global Gourmet Foods is a federally registered food manufacturer who supplies premium kettle products to key accounts in both domestic and export markets.
We are seeking dynamic individuals that can work with the Quality Assurance department, ensuring that the facility is in compliance with regulatory and food safety standards.
HACCP Coordinator work closely with the production, sanitation, maintenance, Research and Development department all quality activities within the plant and is a key member of the site management team. He/ She is responsible for the safety of products, the maintenance and evolution of the site quality programs, ensuring alignment and compliance to SQF Standards.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- With an in-depth knowledge of production and quality systems, leads the quality process within the plant, overseeing the government requirements for the HACCP/ FSEP/ QMP program
- Identify and coordinate quality initiatives and decision making with the management, operations manager, maintenance manager, office/ purchasing manager, production supervisor, culinary chef, sanitation supervisor and shipping and receiving supervisor in order to ensure that food safety is not compromised
- Responsible for food safety risk analysis and implementing corrective and preventative actions
- Responsible in managing the changes in SQF system with approval and authorization from senior management representative
- Responsible for validation and verification of SQF System, Food Safety and Quality Plans
- Support for SQF Practitioner to ensure the SQF systems are developed, implemented, reviewed and maintained
- Provides leadership to the quality department in establishing and implementing appropriate training programs for various functions and implementation of food safety and quality
- Liaise with CFIA in-house inspector, regulatory and third party organizations to comply with food safety, legality and other regulatory requirements
- Ensures all document supporting Meat Hygiene Manual, FSEP Manual and QMP Manual are complete and accurate and leads to document control in the plant
- Leads the internal audit/re-assessment process to determine the effectiveness of the quality program and identify potential health and hygiene issues for immediate resolution
- Assists in the development of accident prevention and compliance programs and assists in risk identification, taking appropriate action to minimize risk
- Participate in developing the company’s quality/ food safety objectives and Management meeting
- Possesses strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Afternoon shift: 11am - 7pm
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 6 years in Quality Assurance/ Quality Control activities with HACCP certification and experience in government regulatory compliance and HACCP documentation.
- Possess SQF Level 2 training and experience (or GFSI equivalent)
- Have a strong background in Lean Manufacturing and food safety
- Previous experience in CFIA registered plants manufacturing ready to eat meat products is an asset.
- Fluent in written and oral English. Knowledge of other languages such as Mandarin Chinese, would be an asset
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with all employees and contractors and to provide technical help when needed.
- Must be detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Competitive salary and wages are negotiable depending on experience. If interested, please send in a detailed resume and cover letter with the subject title, "HACCP Coordinator". While we greatly appreciate all the replies and applications we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person