Reporting directly to the Field Operations Manager, the Service Technician - Winnipeg, is responsible for installing and servicing complex large industrial propane and natural gas related equipment up to and greater than 400,000 BTUs. The Service Technician IV responds to requests for the most difficult and unusual repair situations in recognition of their role as the technical and code expert for the service team, and therefore; capable of generating significant revenue for the service team.
This role is based in Winnipeg. Support with relocation will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge in the installation and service of complex residential and commercial propane and natural gas related equipment. This will include, but is not limited to repairs, dispenser inspections and re-qualifying cylinders, the installation and service of propane tanks and propane and natural gas appliances. Provision of preventative maintenance solutions and scheduled maintenance for residential and commercial applications and customers.
- Safe operation of the crane truck and other service vehicles required to perform tank installations, relocations and pick ups.
- Maintain, request and stock service truck with inventory. Ensure all necessary parts, materials and supplies, and equipment are available to perform daily work orders and meet customer requests.
- Collect customer signature/stamps and payments for deposit if necessary utilizing OBTC technology. Apply lock out procedures in unsafe customer installations.
- Accurately prepare and submit daily service work orders and DTR’s utilizing OBTC technology.
- Conduct and maintain the highest standard of safety in all activities and operations ensuring compliance with the regulatory bodies and relevant regulations. This includes conducting and, if applicable documenting, pre and post vehicle inspections, site inspections and visual tank inspections.
- Collaborate with the Service Coordinator frequently for routing and scheduling information. Notify the Service Coordinator of any service, customer, routing, scheduling or safety issues immediately to obtain their guidance and instruction on how to resolve the issue or situation.
- Collaborate with the Field Operations Manager, your direct manager, and inform them of any successes, issues or challenges encountered. Obtain their approval for overtime and submit hours worked on a timely basis bi-weekly.
- Provide exceptional customer service by promoting the company and its products and services positively and maintaining good customer relations.
- Seek, identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by providing product information, brochures with basic price and a contact number.
- Valid General or Class 'A" Gasfitter's license
- A minimum of 10 years experience.
- Must have provincial certification for unlimited BTUs.
- HVAC certification and qualifications are preferred.
- Advanced technical knowledge of propane appliances, equipment and plant operations. Position services primarily commercial/industrial equipment.
- Possess WHMIS and TDG training and certification.
- Valid drivers license with three (3) years experience and a clean drivers abstract.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects on a regular basis.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective communications skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computers, specifically the on board truck computers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Gas Fitter: 1 year (Preferred)
- Gas Fitter 'A' (Preferred)