This role will report to the Sr. Director of Renewables and be responsible for global sourcing, negotiating, and managing renewable energy projects for Microsoft’s Cloud & Infrastructure Organization (CI+O). Candidates must demonstrate prior experience and knowledge of renewable energy procurement, wholesale energy markets, largescale energy portfolio management, finance, and energy policy.
- Assist in developing/defining strategy and executing renewable energy transactions globally
- Source and negotiate risk-mitigated renewable energy contracts
- Contribute to identifying partners to help Microsoft scale renewable energy procurement in global markets, including APAC and EMEA
- Run RFPs and maintain vendor relationships
- Collaborate within Microsoft to build broad strategies across teams, especially those working on energy and risk management (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Tax functions)
- MBA, JD, or other applicable master’s degree (finance, engineering, mathematics) or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in renewable energy procurement and negotiations
- 5+ years of experience in wholesale and retail power markets
- Advanced proficiency in negotiating, reading, and writing contractual agreements and modeling tools
- Ability to relocate to Redmond, WA area
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Experience with quantitative modeling and forecasting for commodity markets, portfolio risk management, and deal valuation
Preferred, Not Required
- Global energy procurement experience, particularly in EMEA and APAC
- Experience in corporate energy procurement
- Experience in data center energy procurement
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.