Holloway Lodging Corporation, now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Clarke Inc. (TSX: CKI), is one of Canada’s largest lodging companies. Holloway, through its management services division Holloway Lodging Management Services, operates and provides management services to over 40 hotels under internationally recognized brands such as Holiday Inn®, Travelodge®, Super 8®, DoubleTree by Hilton®, Best Western®, Days Inn®, and Quality Inn and Suites ®. For more information, please visit our website at www.hollowaymanagementservices.ca.
Holloway Lodging Management Services is looking for a Regional Vice President of Operations who has the drive to critically manage and achieve the best financial performance possible, and simultaneously maintain excellent customer service and high employee engagement while managing risk and Holloway’s professional reputation. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, business-minded professional with a passion and keen eye for adding value to and expanding our operations.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for the management, operations and performance of a portfolio of hotels. The successful candidate will ideally be located in Southwestern Ontario or Ottawa region, but must be able and willing to travel.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- proactively overseeing and managing a portfolio of hotels;
- budgeting and forecasting on a rolling basis; monitoring financial results;
- financial analysis and market research, including preparing reports for senior management;
- working closely with General Managers to achieve the timely implementation and maintenance of standards of financial performance, customer service and employee engagement;
- providing strategic advice and support to drive increased sales, operational efficiencies, communications, and policies and procedures;
- identifying potential issues and implementing appropriate solutions;
- maintaining a positive working relationship with brand personnel;
- ensuring the implementation and maintenance of all company practices (purchasing, accounting, human resources, hotel operations, etc.);
- overseeing all capital and renovation projects;
- carrying out due diligence as requested in order to facilitate timely decision making in relation to the acquisition of new properties and organize takeover to achieve implementation of standards, procedures and systems as required by company policy;
- negotiating collective bargaining agreements, if applicable to properties within the portfolio;
- performing any other job-related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of senior operational hotel management experience
- University/college education, preferably in Hotel Management
- Able to travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, results focused, and hard working;
- Collaborative and flexible, with the ability to foster a positive team environment;
- Strong project management skills;
- Extremely organized and detail oriented;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Thank you for your interest in Holloway. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know of any accommodations that may be required in the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time