Mammoet Canada Eastern is looking for an energetic person to join our Finance team. This person will be supporting the Finance department for the Canada East Branch providing excellent customer service.
- Maintain payments and processing of invoices.
- Balance and reconcile ledger (entries).
- Reviewing and processing expense reports in a timely manner
- Reviewing invoices and supporting documents, ensuring proper authorization
- Correspondence with Purchase Order creators (approvals/releases)
- Assisting with weekly payment releases
- Reconciling vendor statements regularly
- Investigating and addressing outstanding payments
- Responsible for creating weekly or daily cheque runs.
- Processing payments through online Banking Platform
- Interfacing with peers and management team, responding to questions and concerns
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial sales tax rules
- Monitoring the accounts payable inquiries inbox and provide timely responses as needed
- Assisting in Accounts Payable process improvement projects
- Filing of all documentation and recording of vendor and financial data
- Handle external/internal clients and customer queries
- Data entry of accounts payable invoices
- Process cash book on SAP.
- Process all payments on SAP; ensure that there are no duplications.
- Collect all the relevant data from all the departments ensure that all the information is up to date in preparation for specific assigned reporting.
- Other responsibilities as required
- Assisting in various financial reports
- Posting daily journal entries
- Problem solver
- Professional and independent worker
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Multi task orientated
- Client service focused
- Writing and Reporting
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
Education & experience
- Maintain awareness on timely and complete payment.
- Accounts Payable data is correct, accessible and always up-to-date.
- Communication: Friendly yet professional phone manners
- Accounting, basic understanding of principles.
- Bookkeeping, basic understanding of principles.
- English, proficient verbal and written
- Post-Secondary diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in finance
- Proficiency in MS Office
- SAP experience is an asset
- Finance experience is necessary
About our company
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
- Engineered lifting and transportation services
- Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
- Factory-to-foundation projects
- Plant turnaround logistics
- Salvage and wreck removal
- Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
- Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
Salary will be commensurate based on education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet is an existing benefactor for variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our own employees’ extracurricular activities. To Apply Interested candidates may submit their resumes and salary expectations to this job posting by following the link https://www.mammoet.com/careers/. We thank all interested applicants
Job Type: Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Discounted or Free Food
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees safe, we have installed barriers and provide PPE such as masks, hand sanitizer, and gloves to all employees. We are limiting the number of staff in our office and we are allowing a majority of employees to work from home.
- 3 years: 1 year (Required)