LOCATION: Courtenay, Parksville, Nanaimo, Victoria
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Vice President, Clinical & Quality and/or designate, this position provides leadership in the implementation of clinical care system design activities and the management of all clinical requirements to meet the vision and objectives of West Coast Senior Housing Management.
The Regional Clinical Lead will have a particular focus on ensuring their homes maintain the following as core deliverables:
- Provide safe and appropriate resident focused care of the highest quality
- Ensure all legislative and regulatory requirements are met
- Build and support collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Team members are continually educated to competently execute their duties and meet regulatory requirements
- Support team members in providing exceptional service
- Fiscally responsible decisions
The primary roles and responsibilities of the Regional Clinical Lead includes but is not limited to:
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to the clinical teams
- Provides leadership on and collaborates with other disciplines to develop and implement, evaluate care standards, clinical practice guidelines and other processes to help to inform practice services and support excellence in service delivery consistent with provincial and national guidelines.
- Provide the requisite oversight, and support, to ensure all clinical metrics are met within the portfolio.
- Develops and implements, evaluates integrated systems and processes to promote the development of competent staff, support professional and clinical practice and decision-making and enhance collaborative working relationship throughout the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Liaise with Health Authority around regional practices and initiatives
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing.
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the relevant regulatory professional body.
- Five years of recent, related clinical and leadership experience.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with a Masters’ degree in a related health care field (ideally with a focus on gerontology).
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to function independently and collaboratively within a team and demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
- Ability to apply system-wide thinking to develop, implement and evaluate programs that inform management in areas of clinical practice
- Ability to role model expert practice and ability to assist in the development of professional skills for interdisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of adult education and learning principles and ability to integrate into programs and strategies.
- Computer skills, including the ability to use MS Office. Experience with Point Click Care and MDS-RAI would be an asset
- Physical ability to perform the work which will involve travel to various sites.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- recent, related clinical and leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- BCCNM as an RN (Required)
- Nursing (Required)