Canada Drayage Inc., an affiliate of industry leader Fastfrate. is one of the only National Drayage companies in Canada and serves more rail and port locations across Canada than any other contract drayage provider. We are currently seeking a Central Dispatch Manager
The Central Dispatch Manager leads the workflow, planning, and service performance of the centralized dispatch team encompassing a large geographical area and multitude of cities within Canada. It is their responsibility to ensure all shipments and pickups to are planned for and on time.
This Dispatch Manager role is a leadership and team building responsibility. The position requires someone who is highly organized, thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced, high expectation environment, has strong written and verbal communication skills, and proven leadership and team building expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of effective, committed, high performing employees
- Develop processes and maintain an efficient workflow.
- Continually assess the service level and implement opportunities to improve operational performance.
- Monitor, manage, and continually improve KPI performance and cost factors.
- Maintain effective collaborative communicate with client on a regular basis regarding customer KPI, forecasting, and the effectiveness and efficiency of the fleet.
- Develop a positive work environment with team members and drivers.
- Ensure a positive safety culture and compliance to safety programs and procedures.
- Embrace, promote and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Organize and schedule all resources required to plan and execute to meet or exceed client KPI and company expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Logistics, Transportation, Business or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in the Transportation Industry
- Proven experience leading, directing, communicating change and team building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound understanding of financials and related reports
Job Type: Full-time