CLEANER/SANITIZER *TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME* – Please read entire ad and answer all screening questions to be considered.
HERD, a local manufacturer of front-end bumpers, is now seeking an eager self-starter to join our Maintenance Team in the position of a Cleaner/Sanitizer.
The shop Cleaner/Sanitizer is mainly responsible for keeping lunchrooms, change rooms, washrooms and offices clean, sanitized and tidy. Additionally, the Cleaner/Sanitizer will be tasked with keeping designated common areas of the shop and yard neat and organized as well as performing other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in a cleaner/general labourer role would be an asset, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong English Communication skills – both Verbal & Written
- Must be able to manage time effectively
- Must be able to stand, bend, or walk for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Quick and eager learner
- Able to work in a loud, dusty, and fast-paced production environment
- Must have a reliable vehicle to get to and from work (no public transportation available to facility)
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday; 7:00AM - 3:00PM
** THIS IS A TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME POSITION WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF BECOMING PERMANENT.**
Interested applicants can submit a resume by email to our HR department. Applications will not be accepted at the door at this time. We thank all those who apply, but only those who qualify will be contacted.
**HERD is not located near public transportation routes and all candidates should consider this when applying.**
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $13.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- This position is TEMPORARY, with the possibility of it eventually becoming permanent. Is this something you're comfortable with?
- We are NOT located on a bus route. Do you have a reliable vehicle to get you to and from work everyday?
- Do you have any upcoming commitments that may take you away from work in the next 6 months? (Vacation, Back to School, Seasonal Work, Etc.)
- Do you have any issues or concerns with standing/walking for long periods of time, performing repetitive tasks, or working in a loud/hot/dusty shop environment?
- Are you currently employed? If so, why are you seeking a new position?
- What is your wage expectation for this position?
- If you were to get this position, when would you be available to start?
- cleaning: 1 year (preferred)