Full Time Sales Consultant
Do you have a flair for design? A passion for people?
- The type of person who wants compensation based upon results?
This is a sales position selling flooring and window coverings to retail and commercial customers with terrific growth potential. The position requires interacting with customers and assisting them with product choices according to their individual needs. Whether that interaction occurs in our showroom or in the community, the objective is always to provide advice that will make the customers' buying decision easier.
Oshawa Carpet One Floor & Home has long been regarded as the premier flooring retailer in the surrounding communities. Locally owned and operated for more than 40 years, we are known for our superior customer service and our professional staff. Because we belong to the largest floor covering cooperative in the world, our company offers the very best products with only the most qualified installers.
We believe in creating a family friendly work environment, where each person is an integral member of the team, yet responsible for his or her own results and earning potential. We are proud of our heritage and would like to find an individual who will excel and prosper in a fast paced retail environment becoming a valued member of our team.
Although not an all-inclusive list, the following are some of the duties and expectations that we have for this position:
- Sell flooring, floor care products & window coverings
- Greet customers on the sales floor, and determine their wants and needs
- Keep up-to-date on the wide selection of products we have to offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Write sales orders
- Visit customers home or business to asses and measure areas
- Help work through, and follow-up after, the completion of each job
- Build client relationships
- Network regularly, and work effectively, with other store employees
- Execute targeted sales strategies
- Receive payment, or obtain credit authorization
- Use computer database to research the availability of merchandise and to process orders
- Follow up in a timely and professional manner with all customers on requests and/or concerns
- Answer questions from customers about flooring & window coverings
- Assist customers with product choices (explain features/benefits, etc.)
- Help customers with their choice through decorating and/or design advice
- Maintain showroom by keeping samples and displays neat, current, and clean
- Prospect for new business
The ideal candidate must be:
- Willing to divide his or her time between the showroom floor and prospecting for new clients (out networking within the community).
- Willing to undergo our extensive product and sales training in order to become a certified flooring and design expert.
- A self-starter.
- Personally well-organized.
- Willing to create new business.
- Able to provide outstanding customer service.
- Able to provide exceptional follow-up.
- Proficient with technology
Some additional qualifications include:
- A passion for, or experience with, decorating or design
- Some college is preferred, but not necessary
- Must have valid drivers license and access to reliable transportation in order to get to work, and to visit customers' home (as necessary)
- Open and flexible work availability, including Saturdays & evenings
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs and a willingness to learn our operating systems
- Retail sales experience strong preferred
Additional skills & experience that would be beneficial:
- Experience in window covering sales.
- Construction or installation experience.
- Designer or Decorator training.
How to Apply
Please provide the following:
- An up-to-date resume and brief cover letter outlining your experience for the position
- Salary history and/or requirements
Candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted by e-mail or phone for the next step in our hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.
Oshawa Carpet One Floor & Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reference ID: Sales2020
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Store Discount
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
To keep everyone as safe as possible we provide masks and hand sanitizer to everyone. We also require all customers to wear masks when interacting with our staff. We have also implemented an intense cleaning protocol in the store daily.
- retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)