Old Dutch first started in Winnipeg, Manitoba as a little chip company with a lot of heart. Soon, our tradition of making and delivering great-tasting snacks spread throughout all of Canada. This year we are celebrating 65 years of sharing moments with our customers. Since 1954, our windmill has stood for quality and trust, old world charm, and a desire to create a long-lasting chip and snack tradition.
With products such as Old Dutch Potato Chips, RESTAURANTE™ Premium Tortilla Chips and Salsas, Arriba Tortilla Chips, Dutch Crunch Kettle Cooked Potato Chips, it’s easy to see why we have a flavour favourite for everyone.
Old Dutch isn’t just about chips. All this, plus great service, has kept Old Dutch in stores, in homes, and in the snack bowl, despite competition over the years from other snack-makers. Our customers trust in the high quality, great taste, and long-lasting tradition of Old Dutch.
ROUTE SALES ASSISTANT
Here is your chance to join our talented team as a Route Sales Assistant. This is a full time entry-level position, with long-term career opportunities. Position is available for Red Deer, Alberta. Weekend work and out of town travel will be necessary from time to time. Weekends typically refer to Saturdays.
You will be required to provide “Off Truck Sales” of our premium products to our large established customer base in the Red Deer and surrounding rural area. This position is ideal for someone with grocery experience and/or convenience retail sales. You will receive sufficient training that will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to work on your own. A valid driver’s license is required. Old Dutch Foods Ltd offers a competitive salary, plus commission, benefits and future advancement within the company.
What are Route Sales Associates Duties & Responsibilities?
- Provide Sales Coverage for Distributors and company Sales people
- Merchandise, sell and deliver Old Dutch products to base customers
- Merchandise and rotate on display and shelves
- Manage inventory levels to ensure product is fresh at all times
- Manage a database in accordance to scheduled route
- Follow the set delivery frequency for each account
- Treat vehicles and equipment with courtesy and care
- Operate a handheld invoicing computer system
- It is expected the Route Sales Associate serve the customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education (Post-Secondary Education is an asset)
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Ability to drive a 3-5 ton truck, standard transmission, and truck and trailer preferable
- Sales Experience a definite asset
- Must be able to understand and clearly discuss business measurements such as penny profit, profit margins, etc.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Physically fit to fulfill the tasks required of this position (bending, twisting, kneeling, etc)
- Ability to travel on occasion for 2-3 weeks at a time (to cover rural routes)
This position is geared towards sales, delivery and merchandising. To apply for this position, please forward your resume and supply a current driver’s abstract. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)