Job Vacancy Posting
Position Title: Manager, Enterprise Quality & Performance
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate on skills and experience, plus applicable benefits including HOOPP.
Position Reports to: Director, Clinical Services
Primary work location: Oshawa (with flexibility to work in other sites as required: Whitby, Ajax and Pickering).
Organization – Quick Overview
Carea Community Health Centre is a recognized leader in redefining the experience of community-based health and wellness services. We provide access to high quality holistic and inclusive care that is responsive to the needs of the community and empowers individuals to enhance their own well-being. We hold these values equally: (1) Person Centered; (2) Inclusive; (3) Compassion; (4) Teamwork & Collaboration; and (5) Accountability & Reliability. These five core values embody who we are, how we work, and are fundamental to our culture. Every member of our team demonstrates their commitment to these core values in their everyday activities. These values steer our decision making, guide the delivery of care and services, and govern how we interact with our clients, partners, and each other. Carea will continue to focus on building its capacity to provide a full range of health and wellness services to clients of all-ages across Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax and Pickering.
The Manager, Enterprise Quality & Performance (Q&P) is a strategic and tactical contributor in advancing a culture of continuous quality improvement at Carea Community Health Centre (Carea). The Manager, Enterprise Q&P coordinates organization-wide and program-specific activities to ensure a consistent and data-driven approach to the development, implementation, and evaluation of quality improvement (QI) initiatives, working with leaders and staff in setting priorities for client service delivery improvements that are aligned to Carea’s achievement of quality and performance targets and organizational strategic directions.
Together with the Senior Management Team, the Manager develops and communicates the strategic vision, scope and mission of quality improvement & performance management at Carea.
The Manager provides direct oversight for Carea’s data management coordinator and collaborates intensively with point of service managers to ensure that program and organizational Q&P deliverables are met.
This role includes operational accountability for the Community Geriatric Assessment and Intervention Network (GAIN) Team at Taunton Mills, providing oversight for client care service delivery and expansion, local policies and procedures, budget administration, reporting requirements, and people management.
Duties and Responsibilities
With guidance from Carea’s senior managers and in collaboration with the broader management team, the Manager, Q & P will:
- * Develop and implement an effective QI framework that leads to positive and measurable impact on care quality and service effectiveness, as indicated by achievement of performance targets
- * Act as an expert resource for leaders and staff in applying validated QI methodologies at Carea
- * Utilize knowledge of quality improvement methodologies to recommend adaptability of QI processes and tools in the Carea context
- * Develop, coordinate, and deliver education and training to build Carea’s capacity to utilize QI principles and tools to achieve improvements and meet quality and performance targets
- * Collaboratively identify, develop, implement, and evaluate QI initiatives at the program and organizational levels
- * Provide leadership in the evaluation of quality improvement processes on Carea services and functions in the broader context of regionally integrated care
- * In collaboration with senior management, coordinate the organization's participation in the Accreditation Canada assessment program
- * Support the development and monitoring of the quality improvement plan (QIP), MSAA scorecard, and other reporting requirements
- * Provide direct operational management oversight for selected clinical programs
- * Cross-functional responsibilities as required
- * Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Nursing or a related field (Master’s preferred)
- * Project Management Professional certification preferred
- * A minimum of three years recent, related experience in health services project management, quality improvement, and program evaluation
- * A minimum of three years management experience, preferably in hospital, community-based health care setting, or community not-for-profit environment
- * Demonstrated educational preparation and knowledge of quality improvement principles, methods, and tools
- * Knowledge of current health quality standards and service delivery/practice guidelines
- * Demonstrated awareness of emerging themes and trends in Ontario health system reform
- * Strong analytical skills including the ability to collect, analyze, share and interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- * Proven ability to facilitate cross functional project teams and improvement initiatives
- * Demonstrated ability in change management and knowledge translation
- * Superior communication skills (verbal and written), presentation skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- * Proven skills adapting and applying QI in a community or institutional health care setting with effective implementation at the program and/or corporate level
- * Must be able to function with a high degree of independence and initiative
- * Proven leadership skills and ability to organize and prioritize work
- * Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders and partners
- * Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Carea’s mission, vision, and values
- * Experience working in a multisite organization is preferred
- * Fluency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Teams, and SharePoint
- * Knowledge of applicable legislative frameworks (Excellent Care for All Act, Quality of Care Information Protection Act, etc)
- * Proven attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard
- * Satisfactory criminal reference and vulnerable persons check
- * Valid "G" Ontario driver’s license and unlimited use of a vehicle
1) Please send resume and expression of interest to recruiting @careachc.ca on or before November 15, 2019
1) The Agency is committed to transparent and merit-based selection in all of its recruiting and hiring decisions. We embrace and celebrate our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity.
2) This position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions for all external hires: Reference Checks; and Criminal Background checks (including Vulnerable Sector Screening).
Carea Community Health Centre is committed to complying with all applicable standards as set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and any other applicable legislation. Accessibility: If you have accessibility needs and require alternate formats or other accommodations please contact Human Resources at 905-723-0036, extension 1219, or by email to hr @careachc.ca . Carea Community Health Centre and staff are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes diversity. Everyone Matters! Everyone is Welcome!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- management: 3 years (Preferred)