ONA JOB POSTING
Registered Nurse - 5C Rehab
Part Time (x1)
Clinical Patient Services (CPS04.2) – $33.23 - $46.75
Hours of Work/Shifts:
Days and Nights - (0730-1930//1930-0730)
June 3, 2020
June 10, 2020
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
- BScN and or recent (1-3 yrs) experience in Rehabilitation Nursing, advanced clinical skills in management of Neurological, Neurosurgical is preferred
- Demonstrates a strong interest in rehabilitation and knowledge of neurological and neurosurgical conditions, complex medical and cardiac conditions an asset
- Current BCLS and evidence of continuing education is required
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional able to work effectively and collaboratively in a “care pair” as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehab team
- Sound patient care nursing skills combined with effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Positive attendance and work record essential
- Responsible and accountable for decisions and actions in the provision and management of nursing care for patients
- Provides nursing assessment, contributes to care plan development, goal oriented treatment interventions, patient and family education and support to address medical, cognitive, emotional and self-care needs
- Contributes to the development of a realistic discharge plan
- Perform as a coach/mentor/consultant and to use sound critical thinking skills, which are key to achieving patient outcomes and facilitating team function
- Participate in program planning, continuous quality improvement and evaluation
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website:
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.