A Construction Site Supervisor leads and supervises labourers and subcontractors under the direction of the Operations Manager and Project Manager. They plan, schedule, and execute construction tasks in accordance with the construction schedule and budget, specifically related to ensuring subcontractors arrive on site as scheduled and conduct their work as specified and as scheduled.
2.0 Duties and Responsibilities
· Consistently and competently plan, schedule, and execute construction tasks in accordance with the construction schedule and budget, specifically related to ensuring subcontractors arrive on site as scheduled and conduct their work as specified and as scheduled.
· Maintain positive public regard for Gateman-Milloy Inc.’s management, employees, vendors, and customers at all times.
· Maintain communications with management and operations regarding the planning and execution of the construction tasks as it relates to meeting schedule and budget targets, quality of products and installations, conduct of staff and subcontractors under supervision, relations with subcontractors, employees, vendors and customers, and uses management and co-workers as a resource in the efficient execution of the work.
· Consistently maintain a high quality of workmanship on construction tasks within the specifications and budget provided for in the contract.
· Consistently and competently devise and initiate timely solutions to on site business and construction issues related to: materials, staffing, subcontractors, quality, schedule, customer satisfaction, health and safety, budget, specifications, design, additions and deletions, changes is scope of work, labour relations as they arise during the project, communicating to management the issues affecting budget, schedule, health and safety, and the suggested solution, and receiving approval prior to acting
· Take responsibility for his or her actions or inactions and judgments and learn from mistakes by being constructively critical of his or her own faults and the company’s, with a view to avoid repetition of the fault, and to inform management and employees of the facts which caused the fault.
· Maintain a daily log of events relating to, attendance on site, equipment, labour, subcontractors, consultants, clients, and owners, all communications and requests.
· Comply with and enforce, the duties outlined within the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Constructions Projects
· Comply with responsibilities under the Human Rights Code
· Complete and submit project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, etc.)
Internally, relate to Project Managers, Coordinators, Estimators, Accounting, Human Resources, Designers, President, and Vice-President with a direct report to the Operations Manager. Externally, relate to clients, consultants, subcontractors, vendors, and Ministry of Labour Inspectors.
4.0 Core Competencies
· Ability to read, write, understand, and speak English at a grade 12 level
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team with strong attention to detail are required
· Relationship management skills in order to comfortable and effectively interact with clients, consultants, and all levels of internal staff are required
· Communication skills (facilitation, listening, verbal, written, presentation, negotiation); for liaisons with all levels of internal staff are required
· Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
5.0 Job Specific Competencies
· Excellent problem solving and communication skills
· Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications
· Ability to use MS Word, Excel, and Project
· Advanced level math skills may be required
· Identify and manage risks
· People development skills, ability to train and motivate staff
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Knowledge of LEED principles and concepts
· Familiarity with relevant construction legislation (OHSA) and building codes
6.0 Employment Credentials
· A college diploma in construction or civil engineering technology, or relevant years of experience is required
· Minimum 7-10 years experience as a Site Supervisor the ICI construction industry preferred
· C.E.T., Goldseal, or equivalent combinations of technical training is an asset
· LEED A.P. designation is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Company Car
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- site supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes
- Create and enforce employee schedules and construction timelines