Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As an Assurance Manager [non-audit], Privately Held Business Group your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with colleagues to deliver exceptional client service
- Leading the coaching and performance management/development for direct reports through goal-setting, providing guidance, regular and timely feedback, and learning opportunities for professional development
- Participating in recruitment process (candidate interviews, assessment, and selection decisions)
- Planning, leading and executing client engagements under varying reporting frameworks across different industries and sectors; ensuring client needs and expectations are clearly understood and communicated, and exceptional service is provided
- Managing the work assignment and performance of engagement team members and being accountable for the outcome
- Analysis and review of corporate and personal income tax returns, NTRs and Reviews
- Proactive problem solving with engagement teams and clients
- Applying strategies for delivering profitable services and influencing personal, client and practice area key performance indicators; maximizing engagement profitability through effective utilization of resources
- Being a leader in the Firm by actively sharing leadership for Grant Thornton culture and contributing to business plan development and execution
- Identifying and supporting new business opportunities by understanding the Firm, its service lines, and client relationships
- Building of our reputation as the preferred business advisors in key sectors of our growing practice
- Other duties as required
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an Assurance Manager [non-audit], Privately Held Business Group? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Completed post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in public accounting or related industry
- Strong technical knowledge in assurance, accounting, and tax
- Strong planning and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple engagements and work effectively under pressure
- Agile in the face of change and proven problem-solver with solid analytical skills
- Articulate, inspiring and versatile communicator (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to earn the trust and confidence of clients and colleagues at all levels, influence decision-makers, and lead change
- Team player with ability to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of clients
- Ability to establish and develop meaningful business relationships with colleagues, clients and in the marketplace, based on strong rapport, trust and respect
- Strong people management and leadership skills, especially in the areas of coaching and development of team members, project management, and multi-team management
- Self-motivated, results-oriented multi-tasker who works equally well independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and Accounting software applications (CaseWare, TaxPrep, Sage, QuickBooks), with ability to quickly grasp new technology tools
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
What's in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
At Grant Thornton, we’re committed to ensuring our compensation practices are fair, equitable and competitive. To get the conversation started,
we’re happy to share that our current base salary for this role ranges from $75,000 - $90,000.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?