At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for the seventh consecutive year and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, the U of M is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
Under general supervision, the Plumber/Steamfitter is responsible for the installation, replacement and repair of complete hot and cold water systems, gas lines, steam lines, distilled water lines, kitchen and laboratory equipment and related service lines and controls, drainage, condensate return, fire hydrants, all man holes and tunnels and estimating costs of new installations and repairs.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- Must possess a valid Certificate of Qualification as a Plumber or Steamfitter, and for gas installations (Class "B" Ticket) issued by the Manitoba Department of Labour. Preference will be given to candidates possessing both Plumbing and Steamfitting licenses.
- Current Cross Connection/Backflow Device testing license from the City of Winnipeg required.
- License: Class 5 driver's license required.
- High School Diploma (Grade 12).
- Minimum 5 years - extensive position related experience.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
- Competitive vacation time.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
- Access to the university’s state-of-the-art fitness facilities.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=08830
Closing Date: October 1, 2019
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact U of M's Diversity and Inclusion Facilitator, Valerie Williams at 204-474-8371.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Job Type: Full-time