Job Posting #:
REGISTERED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
Temporary Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Days, Evenings, Weekends
Rate of Pay:
$29.84 - $30.44
Internal employees must apply by midnight on July 26, 2021.
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara's Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
As an integral member of the Pharmacy team, the Pharmacy Technician will be accountable for many aspects of hospital related drug distribution. As all members of the Pharmacy team, the Pharmacy Technician will work towards providing excellent customer service and quality in a safe and timely manner. The duties will include all aspects of unit dose distribution, such as preparing sterile products (including chemotherapy drugs and total parental nutrition) using aseptic technique, narcotic and controlled drug management, compounding/manufacturing medications, drug packaging; inventory control functions. They will also be involved in quality improvement initiatives, obtaining Best Possible Medication Histories (BPMH) as part of Medication Reconciliation, and transporting of drugs to patient care areas and other tasks as required.
- Completed a Pharmacy Technician Program at an accredited college.
- Current licensure by the Ontario College of Pharmacists as a Pharmacy Technician and in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Minimum of one years' experience in a hospital inpatient pharmacy
- Knowledge/practice - Keyboarding/computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Experience with Meditech Pharmacy Module and/or order entry is an asset.
- Experience using aseptic technique, drug dispensing systems and equipment, pharmaceutical compounding /packaging, pharmaceutical calculations, working knowledge of pharmaceutical and medical terminology.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to complete duties.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal required.
- Experience with interviewing patients, interdisciplinary staff, family members and other care providers is an asset.
- Experience with Ontario MedsCheck Program or in completing BPMH and medication reconciliations in a hospital setting is an asset.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctuality.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #201788. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all diverse and underrepresented groups to apply.
Should you require an accommodation under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and /or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) during any stage of the recruitment process HR will work with you to remove any barriers, please do not hesitate to let us know by contacting HR for assistance at email@example.com or ext. 4129.