WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. WeedMD also operates CX Industries Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc., from the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. With the recent acquisition of Starseed Medicinal Inc., a medical-centric licensed holder with operations in Bowmanville, Ontario, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with other employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where its adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
The Industrial Electrician will plan, lay-out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures. Their plans of new or modified installations will minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance and avoid unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring consistent with specifications and electrical codes.
The Industrial Electrician will be expected to provide input into system design, installation and coordination, and take part of the initial handover team to plan the job from the onset.
The Industrial Electrician will be responsible for installing and terminating conduit wire, cable, equipment, panels, sensors and various control components and devices. Other responsibilities will include the fabrication of control panels, installation of interlocking wiring and performance of wiring check out, and assistance of systems start-up, and will be required to participate in job site final walk-through and prepare all as built markup drawings for the design engineer.
- Plan, lay-out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
- Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes and specifications;
- Installs system components and wiring in compliance with the NEC, NESC, NFPA and the UFC
- Use hand tools and power tools
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair to ensure compliance with codes and specifications
- Advise management on hazardous continued operation of equipment
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes
- Reviews blueprints and specifications; ensures drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use
- Provides material take-offs for electrical facilities equipment requirements
- Constructs electrical control panels
- Rough and finish wiring and control systems
- Coordinates or prepares shipment of materials and supplies for electrical construction to the job sites
- Proposes changes or modifications to plans to enhance operation and efficiency of systems plans and specifications for sanitation facilities
- Plans and coordinates the implementation of designed facilities in accordance with approved agreements through field staff and village labor force
- Schedules critical and non-critical activities effectively for project success
- Coordinates project logistics for remote and limited access construction sites
- Implements corrective actions and conducts performance evaluations
- Ensures accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Reviews coding accuracy of assigned accounts
- Provides electrical systems training assistance
- Provides technical Assistance/Emergency Response of existing facilities electrical systems
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Other assigned work as required
- Completion of five year apprenticeship program
- Government Trade Certification
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Automation & PLC competence an asset
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Computer literate
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to all WeedMD sites may be required
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required and provided, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to construction sites
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Industrial Electrician: 5 years (Required)