Are you looking for a great place to work? A place where you can use your enthusiasm and passion? A place where you can show off your Custom Brokerage abilities?
Then think about us for this outstanding opportunity.
We are a dynamic and technologically progressive organization. We are Canadian customs brokers, consultants & freight forwarders who provide personalized experienced customs clearance for importers and exporters. For over 35 years A.D. Rutherford International has been providing superior Importing, Exporting and Logistics Solutions.
Our company was founded on a desire to provide an industry best service to our clients. Our service continues to set us apart from the competition because aside from being first rate, it is also personalized.
Job hours are Monday – Friday daytime.
Check us out at http://adrutherford.com/
You are an Customs professional who has an entrepreneurial spirit and who thrives on customer service (both internal and external).
If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company where you will have the authority and freedom to put your stamp on the organization …….. this may be the place for you.
- Handling of customs clearances via various modes of transport
- Verification of all documentation at time of shipment preparation
- Check declarations for accuracy prior to submission to Canada Customs
- Accurate classification of tariff codes for new products
- Work closely with team members and/or other departments to ensure customers’ service
- Grade 12 required
- Data Entry skills – > 60 words per minute
- Self motivated – ability to work alone
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong telephone/email communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in written/oral communication (writing, editing, formatting) in the English language
Type of Person Who Will Succeed in this Role:
- Directive personality – solves problems in decisive manner
- Detail oriented – but with creativity to get the job done
- Strong drive to help others
- Diligent follow-up
If you think this position may have potential for you, then send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please (briefly) outline the following items:
- Relevant qualifications and work experience in Canada
- Why you are interested
- Your desired remuneration (ball park)
** If you do not include a cover letter - your resume will likely not be considered
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
Job Type: Full-time
- WPM OF 60 +: 1 year (Required)
- Administrative Support: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)