IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care. and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At NYGH, our team is making a world of difference. NYGH has recently been ranked the #2 Hospital in Canada by Newsweek.
Physiotherapist, Reactivation Unit, 5 West:
Your goal in this position is to provide excellent patient and family driven care, in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers, with an emphasis on the assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of patient health. You’re a great relationship builder, and foster close contacts with peers across the entire organization. You have great interpersonal skills, and effortlessly connect with physicians, staff, patients, and families. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families.
On a practical level, you will
- Deliver patient care following current accepted standards of practice and principles of physiotherapy in the assessment, treatment and education of patients, and liaises with other members of the health care team members in a collaborative and consultative role
- Assess and analyze clinical findings in order to develop treatment plans appropriate for a patient’s conditions, and to change and terminate treatment when necessary
- Safely implement commonly accepted physiotherapy techniques relevant to a patient’s condition utilizing evidence-based practices
- Maintain current documentation on patient health records and communicate with the healthcare team members, as required
- Provide educational programs for hospital staff and groups in the community. Supervise physiotherapy support personnel such as the Rehabilitation Assistant, physiotherapy students and interns
- Engage in ongoing professional development such as in-service education, post-graduate education and literature review
- Engage in patient and family education as appropriate
- Administer statistics of productivity, ensuring patient and staff safety, track involvement in program development and implementation, quality improvement initiatives and quality assurance activities
- Use evidence-based/best practice guidelines in developing appropriate physiotherapy care plans as well as in developing policies and procedures aligned with the organization’s strategic direction
- Supports the hospital’s mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation.
- Must obtain and provide to the Hospital a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Bachelor of Science Physiotherapy from a recognized educational institution. Masters preferred
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- 1 year related experience working in an acute care hospital with medical and/or geriatric population
- Registration, in good standing, with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association encouraged
- Familiarity with mental health regulations, as required
- Rostered for Oxygen Titration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Proficient with computers, MS word, internet searches, data entry and patient information systems.
- Assistive Devices Program Authorizer status for Wheelchairs & Mobility Devices preferred
- Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full Time Temporary for approximately 1 year, with 75 hours bi-weekly, 8 hours shifts, day shifts in the Reactivation Unit, 5 West. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which may include benefits, pension, vacation pay, or pay in lieu of benefits, when applicable. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
How to Apply
Think you're the right person for the job? Here's your first chance to show us why:
Ensure to meet the deadline - only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.