Provinces: Canada wide
Are you working in the Mining industry and are looking to join an incredible team of people who look out for and respect each other, the places and people we do business with? Look no further as Civiltek Limited, we have current opportunities for motivated individuals!
Civiltek Limited is an underground mining contractor who specializes in all aspects of mining construction and civil construction. Civiltek is committed to their people’s welfare, as well as the welfare of all stakeholders. We believe everyone has the right to a healthy and safe work environment and right to demonstrate their abilities. The health and safety of our employees, clients, and the communities in which we work are the foundation of our organization. Our work is centered around this strong foundation.
Currently, we are seeking IRONWORKERS to join our growing team. The individuals selected for these positions will be required to provide a full range of construction services while working according to work procedures and company policies and ensuring efficient operations within a safety conscious environment. The key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ironworker: 3 years (Preferred)/Proven experience as an Iron Worker
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of industrial plant and tools
- Comply with the companies Health, Safety and Environment policies in compliance with the legal requirements, site safety plan, site rules, and arrangements.
- Install mechanical equipment to design specifications and drawings.
- Utilize knowledge/working background in all matters of site installation.
- Take instruction from assigned Mechanical Supervisors for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Install mechanical systems and their components to the customer requirements.
- Attend toolbox talk, safety stands down, and other safety-related meetings on site.
- Read blueprints, layout, and prepare equipment for installation.
- Engage in problem-solving where appropriate regarding site activities.
- Use measuring instruments to ensure parts conform to specifications on drawings.
- Work under minimal supervision to achieve desirable results.
- Ensure all finished components are free of burrs, shavings, and sharp edges.
- Erect and install scaffolding, hoisting equipment, and rigging.
- Signal crane operator to position steel units according to blueprints.
- Align, weld/bolt steel units in place and assemble/erect prefabricated metal structures such as; platforms, supports, metal stairways, railings, and floor grating.
- Examine structures and equipment for deterioration, defects or non-compliance with specifications.
- Valid driver’s license
- Forklift certified.
- Scissor Lift certified
- Fall Protection trained
- Working at Heights
- Willing to Travel.
- Iron Worker: 3-5 years (required)
If you choose not to apply directly through the careers page, please reference ‘IRONWORKER’ and forward the resume to, please include all relevant certifications:
3-2555 Maley Drive, Sudbury ON, P3Y 1L8
Please note that only those who meet or exceed the above qualifications AND experience requirements will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00-$49.00 per hour
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)