Wok/Noodle Bar Cook 1
Posting #: 030-2019
Department: Food & Beverage
The duty of the 1st Wok/Noodle Bar Cook is to provide excellent service & food to casino guests. The 1st Wok/Noodle Bar Cook will be required to work both independently and with other cooks and under the supervision of the Chef. You will work under Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulations and comply with all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Great Experiences and Memories for the guests and fellow employees by promoting the values of the Great Blue Heron Casino and One Toronto Gaming.
- Preparation of wok and noodle bar dishes according to specifications and guest requests.
- Prepare specialty menu orders according to specifications, while ensuring proper presentation and garnishment of dishes fast and efficiently.
- Prepare all food items with the prep assistance of a 2nd Cook
- Control waste and spoilage and restock any low items during shift.
- Plan and prepare daily menu based upon ease of production, recipe specifications, current inventory and guest comments along with assistance of Sous Chefs and Kitchen Manager.
- Ensure quality food preparation and promptness of food products.
- Must ensure and assist in the routine cleaning and sanitizing of production areas according to the established cleaning standards and schedules along with always maintaining a clean, sanitary and safe workstation.
- Ensure all prep, re-stocking and cleaning is completed prior to the end of shift.
- Perform other duties as required by the Chef
Education and Experience:
- Must have formal culinary training with a minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience in a similar style restaurant specializing in Chinese cuisine.
- To accept training as necessary when required by the Chef, Restaurant Supervisor, or F&B Manager.
- WHMIS Certified.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment and exceptional knife skills.
- Ability to give and follow directions in a friendly and professional manner.
- Must be fluent in English and Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the causes of food poisoning and method of prevention.
- Excellent customer service skills in order maintain a good rapport with customers and employees.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to obtain a Smart Serve Certification
- The ability to obtain registration a Gaming license with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST FORWARD A COPY OF THEIR RESUME AND CAREER OPPORTUNITY FORM TO HUMAN RESOURCES;
ELEMENTS CASINO MOHAWK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHICH VALUES DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE.
Job Type: Full-time
- cooking: 3 years (Preferred)