CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Analyst, Tax Documentation, is responsible for managing day-to-day client documentation and administration for a portfolio of mid-market clients to ensure client satisfaction, a consistent client experience and operational efficiency/control, also works to achieve a reduction of risks/losses in related functions. Client documentation includes legal contracts and agreements, and SLAs,. Liaises with Relationship Management, Client On-boarding Directors and other internal departments to ensure documents are received and validated timely and in line with departmental processes. Co-ordinates with BNYM teams to ensure documents are received and applied timely and appropriately. Ensures all necessary controls and checks are conducted at the time of reviewing documentation including completing checklists. Validates documentation against available client information to determine client structure and ensure accounts are treated appropriately for tax and reporting.
- Researches and respond to enquiries from internal clients related to the workgroup, keeping current on industry/systems knowledge and providing management reporting, as required.
- Reviews client documentation to ensure client structures and profiles are set up correctly on the CIBC Mellon system.
- Liaise with internal teams and BNYM to ensure accounts are updated with the correct tax indicators to ensure correct tax withholding and regulatory reporting is performed for all Custody accounts
- Assists with quarterly RCSA documentation and audits
- Identify and implement opportunities for improved processing, cost reduction and improved customer service, leveraging from BNY Mellon processes
- Ensure that all critical controls, that minimize risk exposure, are in place, maintenance of department policies and procedures and client specific procedures with a thorough understanding of country specific requirements
- Acquired in-depth knowledge of IRS, CRS, CRA Tax Forms
- Work with the Manager and AVP to ensure weekly/monthly management reports are completed
- Responds to internal client inquiries, resolves problems, manages administrative/ operational issues and regularly monitors accounts to ensure client satisfaction and adherence to service level standards.
- Works with the Manager to resolve escalated client issues in a timely manner.
- Assist the team on the Solicitation for documentation within the renewal cycles according to regulations while ensuring the tax documentation tracking tool is updated.
Audit Standards & Risk Control
- Maintains understanding of services and the client’s business profile as it relates to the team’s accountabilities to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies and procedures.
- Minimizes risk and operational losses by reviewing policies and procedures to ensure that critical controls are in place.
- Acts as a gatekeeper for other client documentation i.e. Legal Agreements, AML KYC, SLAs etc ensuring appropriate documentation is in place.
- Participates in department related projects as needed.
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- University degree or equivalent education with a concentration in business, finance or accounting
- 1-3 years’ progressive experience in financial services operations or client facing roles
- Demonstrated client service experience
- Canadian Securities Course, Trust & Custody Services; CPBI courses an asset
- Strong MS Office software skills; demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel etc.
- Organized, detail oriented, analytical
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadline
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better