Riverbend Log Homes has an immediate need for a Draftsperson to prepare detailed CAD drawings of architectural design packages for residential buildings and structures according to specifications provided by Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms and records.
· Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs.
· Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
· Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to lists of materials.
· CAD certificate from accredited school. (minimum)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Computer aided design CAD software - Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2006; AutoCAD
· Microsoft Office – all programs
· Excellent customer service skills
· Must be able to work on multiple projects at once
· Professional appearance
· Ability to read and understand construction documents
· Responds quickly to plan change requests and communicates the proper information to clients.
· Communicate ideas and plans from the creative design stage through production.
· Create complete detailed drawings from sketches
· Translate ideas, sketches and specifications of an engineer, architect or designer into working plans
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Maintain accurate and easily accessible records
· Effective time management skills and strong work ethic
· Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop. Residential Construction knowledge a plus.
· Complete construction documents per schedule.
· Convert hand-drawn sketches or conceptual designs into detailed CAD drawings
· Assign materials list to CAD drawings
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44,200.00 /year
- Secondary School (Preferred)