The shift assignment for this position is 8.25 hour day shifts, 5 days/week with one day being on the weekend (for example, Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs).
- Member of the Sanitation Team
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning of all areas of the Site as laid out in the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Completing all cleaning records as required.
- Guarantee a high cleanliness level to ensure food safety and 5S.
- Clean, sanitize and maintain the factory site, equipment and facilities to an acceptable standard.
- Support the site to ensure compliance in all cleaning standards and comply with all ISO 9001, FSSC 22000 and Mars QMP Standard requirements
- All PPE must be worn in compliance with the OHSA/RC requirements
- Enforce/Respect the safety rules and the internal policy
- Stop any equipment / operative works / external company works if safety/environment protection/fire protection rules are broken
- Guarantee and apply ISO 14001 (Environment), and all related working procedures
- Ownership of environmental responsibilities listed in ENV-REF-002 – Associates SEA Matrix
QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY
- Guarantee and apply ISO 9001, FSS/ISO22000, Mars Standards, and all related working procedures
- Support the HACCP program in the department
- Follow GMP-GHP in the area
- Inform Shift Supervisor of quality deviations according to product standards and production procedures
- Report any pest activity to related Manager
- Perform and record quality control tests
- Training: attend any training program as scheduled by company management and train any designed person in the position
MANAGEMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Suggest continuous improvement actions
- Manage internal/external cleaners
- Manage stock of materials for cleaning
- Respect work instructions with assured quality, food safety and environmental management systems
- Any task as delegated by Direct Supervisor
- Report any leaks and/or spills
CLEANLINESS & TIDINESS
- Perform Housekeeping Checks to ensure compliance to 5S
- Perform operational cleaning operations
- Participate visit preparation work
COMMUNICATION & INFORMATION
Context and Scope:
- Provide any requested documentation to other Departments according to internal rules
Micro performance and cleanliness of the factory and its systems are critical for the success of the factory and of the Royal Canin Brand.
This role is part of the broader Sanitation team and is critical to ensure the factory is operating at Standard.
This role also partners with other functions – such as Operations and Technical – to help with site needs.
Education & Professional Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience or knowledge of sanitation of food/feed manufacturing facility
- Experience in past paced manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of GHP/GMP and 5S practices
- Knowledge of Microbiology is an asset
- Experience working in a team
- Good communication, Cost conscious, Initiative, Self-motivated, Team player, Safety & Hygiene & Quality conscious
What can you expect from Mars?
Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.