We are a recently established General Contractor servicing Nunavut. Based in Iqaluit, we service clients in the private and public sectors. We seek a General Manager, to be based in Iqaluit, to manage operations, including P+L responsibility, hiring, project management and estimation. We offer a competitive salary, bonus and housing allowance.
- Preparation of hard dollar cost proposals and formal tenders;
- Contributing to proposal language and text for both internal and external clients;
- Soliciting and reviewing subcontractor and supplier quotations;
- Preparation of construction schedules;
- Interpreting of project drawings, specifications, supplier and subcontractor quotes, proposals etc. accurately and timely
- Attend site visits, pre-bid and pre-award meetings as required.
- Ensuring bid documentation is complete
- Ensuring projects are delivered on schedule and budget and complies with Quality assurance requirements outlined in the contract
- Manage and prioritize multiple construction sites based on project pipeline
- Prepare status reports, cost forecasts, schedules and safety reports. Presenting the information to clients, ownership/management teamsenior management etc.
- Application of risk management procedures for all cost estimates
- Keep abreast of market changes, competitors and other risk-liability factors that govern the business
- Oversee all hiring, expenditures, project execution and accounting, reporting to the ownership/management team;
- Minimum of 10-15 years relevant Project Management and or Management-level construction experience in a hard-bid environment.
- Ability to manage workforce to achieve strong utilization, low-turnover
- Experience executing projects in the North is a MUST
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering or relevant program;
- Experienced liaison with Clients and Consultants, suppliers and subcontractors;
- Well-versed in Contractor’s Health & Safety requirements, as well as site administration and record-keeping procedures;
- Knowledge of standard project management software (Word, Excel, Access, MS Project)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- construction: 10 years (Preferred)
- project manager: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)