TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Toronto Grace Health Centre (TGHC) provides specialized care and services to those individuals who require Complex Continuing Care, Post Acute Care Rehabilitation, Palliative Care, and Transitional Care. The care and services provided at TGHC help facilitate the patient flow through the health care system and ensures recovery to those individuals who may return to their homes or to Long Term Care (LTC) facilities in their communities. As of January 2020, TGHC operates in two sites – the Main site (at Church and Bloor Sts) for 119 CCC and Palliative inpatients, and the Harbour Light site at Jarvis Street, which houses 28 outpatient beds for patients awaiting full transition into the community.
As a compassionate, caring and influential team member, you will make a personal difference in the quality of life of our patients. If you want to work in an environment where every face is familiar and where care and commitment flow to patients and staff equally, join our team and become part of the Toronto Grace family.
TEMPORARY FULL TIME 12 MONTH CONTRACT
(Days, Evenings, Weekends)
Closing Date: July 31, 2020
Reporting to the Director of Plant and Environmental Services Manager, Maintenance Worker requires diverse applications of their times and abilities in contending with the wide scope of various demands for their services. In the course of their duties they are called upon to do minor electrical and plumbing repairs, maintain boilers and chillers, assemble furniture, fix door closers and participate in fire and disaster protection systems and to serve as security. This position also requires good communication skills in dealing with staff, patients, and patient family members and outside contractors.
· Grade 12 Education (equivalent or higher)
. 1 to 2 years of experience in the field
· Trade qualifications in mechanical, electrical, or refrigeration required
· Physical ability to lift equipment and parts associated with the work at hand along with capabilities to climb ladders and meet the demands of medium to heavy physical work (at times)
· Must have the physical strength, flexibility and endurance required to perform the job as determined by the physical needs assessment of the position, conducted by the Employee Health Co-Coordinator
· Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (W.H.M.I.S.)
· Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other relevant legislation
· Highly motivated, compassionate individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced physically demanding environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Strong time management skills and excellent attendance record
· Demonstrated skills in computer software applications (email, word, excel and intranet)
· Address all maintenance requests to resolution
· Preventative maintenance of building systems, equipment and some patient support equipment
· touch base with outside contractors upon arrival and completion (on occasions) to understand work status -Heating and cooling units and the automation system operation
· Boiler safety checks and record keeping
· Water treatment and record keeping
· Some mechanical and electrical repairs to all equipment in the Boiler and Mechanical rooms, all freezers and refrigeration
· Safety inspections electrical and mechanical
· Some carpentry work
· Repair to Nutrition Department equipment (some)
· Fire Drills and Fire Code inspections
· Extinguisher checks and demonstrations
· Filter changes for air supply and air conditioning units
· Standing orders
· All repairs and renovations in accordance with pertaining codes, fire, plumbing, electrical etc. -Telephone installations, removal and repair
· Nurse call bell systems (limited)
· Building automation system
· Repairs and safety checks to Patient beds, Over bed tables, night tables commodes, wheel chairs, other patient Assists with setup for special events
· Other environmental services duties as assigned
Qualified candidates may apply to:
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to our career website by quoting: #07212020 MAINTENANCE WORKER TEMP FT 12 MONTH CONTRACT. Please visit our website to learn more about the rewards of building a career at the Toronto Grace Health Centre: www.torontograce.org We are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has been accredited with a 4 year Exemplary Standing in 2016 by Accreditation Canada
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Our Core values: Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Integrity, Committed, Cooperation and Celebration
Reference ID: 07212020 MAINTENANCE WORKER TEMP FT 12 MONTH CONTRACT.
Contract length: 12 months
Application Deadline: 2020-07-31
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $13.00-$27.00 per hour
- maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- trade in mechanical, electrical or refrigeration (Required)