The Cleaning and Sanitation Operator is responsible for disassembling, sanitizing and reassembling complicated machinery.
· Complete daily Sanitation task list that includes, but is not limited to:
o Performing routine sanitizing of various types of production equipment by disassembling, sanitizing and reassembling
o Dispose garbage in appropriate receptacles.
o Cleaning production rooms and sanitation room
· Safely working with a variety of chemicals
· Notifying management of equipment that is not working properly.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or other lead operator
· Performing all duties in compliance with Health Canada, FDA, OSHA and state and local regulations and company policies and procedures; including safety guidelines and the use of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- 6 months previous sanitation experience in a GMP, nutraceutical, pharma, food production environment or equivalent preferred.
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent preferred; technical degree in Mechanics is a strong asset
- Have the ability to comprehend basic verbal instructions and read product labels and safety warnings. And perform work according to SOP.
- Have good mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Be reliable and dependable; available to work night shift Monday through Friday and occasionally Saturday or Sunday as directed by management.
- Have high level of job motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Reach, stoop and bend at waist repetitively throughout entire shift.
- Push/pull wheeled cart weighing 80 to 100 pounds.
- Empty wheeled cart that is full to capacity weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for entire shift (12 hours)
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent