WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse and outdoor facility located in Strathroy, ON. The Company also operates CX Industries, a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc. CX operates out of the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes selling directly to medical patients, strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where WeedMD’s adult-use brand Color Cannabis is sold.
The Environmental Services Technician, under the direction of Facilities Department, is responsible for ensuring the safe and effective cleaning of Weed MD and its premises. He / she will be required to perform tasks such as vacuuming, dusting and disinfecting. The Environmental Services Technician will be responsible for ensuring that his / her required tasks are completed thoroughly, on time, and with minimal supervision.
- Clean, ensuring proper disinfectant procedures are followed
- Clean areas, including entrance, lunchroom and locker room etc.
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms including toilets, sinks mirrors and floors
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed
- Remove trash and recycling
- Wash and buff floors with floor polisher
- Vacuum all carpets in the assigned area
- Work with and understand a number of cleaning chemicals, ensuring the right products are being used for the right jobs
- Dust all furniture and fixtures
- Clean, wash and disinfect drinking fountains
- Report damages and acts of vandalism
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner
- Maintain an adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies
- Restock materials and supplies as needed
- Submit work orders to facilities for the repair and maintenance of equipment as required
- Ensure compliance with WHMIS and any other required legislation regarding chemical products
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklist as required
- Complete required training, including any required health and safety training
- Prepare and set up rooms for meetings, parties, or various other activities and clean up after then event
- Any other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year of previous custodial experience
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Must be able to schedule and prioritize work
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to bend and crouch
- Morning, afternoon, evening and weekend availability
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade, including exposure to common chemical cleaners
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent