Shifts: Days, Evenings, Overnights, Weekends
Salary: Pay Scale per year (To be determined based on experience)
Benefits: Medical benefits, Group Insurance benefits, Life Insurance benefits, and Pension Plan benefits
Position Summary: Reporting to the Maintenance Manager for The Works. The Facility Maintenance Cleaning Supervisor will perform a variety of supervisory duties within the Maintenance Division. This will include, but is not limited to, planning, organizing, scheduling, training and coordinating various activities, staff orientation and requirements for the Maintenance Division. The ability to perform and monitor routine building maintenance and repairs is also required. The Facility Maintenance Cleaning Supervisor oversees cleaning, maintenance and security programs which will involve supervision and training of full and part-time staff. The Facility Maintenance Cleaning Supervisor will have regular input into the development of new standard operating procedures that will assist in making the Maintenance Division more effective and efficient. They will provide exceptional service to the organization and its customers. This position requires flexibility in work schedules which requires the incumbent to regularly work shifts day, evening, weekends and overnights with the ability to perform emergency call-in duties as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities: *Main duties of position are listed however position will require other duties as required.
- Ensures facility attendants carry out their daily routines. Which includes; cleanliness of the facility, maintenance of buildings, parking lots, grounds, etc. Ensures all areas inside/outside are safe, clean and presentable.
- Supervises, evaluates, monitors as well as directs the work of facility attendants, ensuring standard operating procedures are followed by all facility attendants.
- Helps support the Manager of Maintenance with the management of employment leave.
- Creates regular cleaning and maintenance schedules. Along with preventative maintenance plans.
- Performs regular tours of the facilities to ensure proper maintenance and cleaning is being carried out. Checking the exterior to ensure all entrance ways are clear, garbages are emptied, and the parking lots are being monitored.
- Motivate facility attendant’s team to high performance and ensure that facility attendants provide fast and friendly service to customers.
- Displays a high level of regard for quality customer service and provides customers with an enjoyable, safe, clean and friendly environment.
- Performs weekly, monthly, and quarterly safety checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment.
- Overseeing the annual cleaning and maintenance duties during periods of special non-routine work/projects; such as building repairs, renovations and annual shutdowns. Work schedules will vary as the Managers and Maintenance Supervisors work under strict time limitations.
- Monitoring the parking lots designated for the facilities, including access control.
- Conduct performance reviews, motivate staff and create strategies to boost productivity.
- Assists in the coordination of program requirements and special events with regards to set up, staff, and security.
- Maintains facility maintenance SDS sheets to meet safety guidelines as well as ensuring operational safety procedures and standards are in place and comply with the safe storage and use of chemicals.
- Assists with routine and specialized swimming pool maintenance for The Works aquatic environments and fitness centers; maintains sanitary, safe locker rooms and changing rooms for participants, effectively and efficiently cleans and sanitizes.
- Recommend purchases, cost saving measures, and assists with the development of the Annual Maintenance Operating Budgets as well as Inventory Control.
- Also, under the direction of the Maintenance Manager assisting with checks, controls, maintaining pool filtering system and pool water chemistry. Use of various swimming pool equipment such as pool vacuums, heaters, and pool filtration systems.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned, including assisting with maintenance of other facilities throughout The Works on an as-needed basis.
- Monitor mechanical, electrical and supply rooms.
- Responsible for maintaining routine and specialized equipment.
- During the winter season assisting with exterior needs, such as; clearing snow, salting of all entrances and exits.
- Thorough knowledge of proper safety techniques, and procedures according to The Works policy.
- Excellent leadership skills and communication.
- High level of organizational skill and detail orientated.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing (paper and email). Ability to work with co-workers and the public.
- Excellent knowledge of cleaning techniques, products and procedures.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Be able to address problems with work quality, issues between employees, and other concerns in an effective and timely manner.
- To perform operation of a variety of hand tools and equipment.
- Ability to work day, evenings, weekends and overnights as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems would be considered an asset.
Tools & Equipment Used:
- Hand Tools
- Power Tools or other tools and equipment as required to complete tasks
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, talk or hear; and use hands to handle and operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- 3-4 years’ experience in a Facilities Management Cleaning Position
- 3-4 years’ Supervising Maintenance Role
- High School diploma
Security and Safety: A clear Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check is required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,523.00 to $46,933.00 /year