The RCMP 9-1-1 Police Dispatch Centre located in Courtenay, BC, is actively recruiting on an ongoing basis for several training intakes each year. The next possible start dates would be Winter 2019 or Spring 2020.
For more information or for other locations in BC, please visit our website:
How to Apply
The first step in the application process is to attend a mandatory Career Presentation, held monthly in Courtenay, BC. Please apply here to request a seat in the next available Career Presentation. You will receive a confirmation email within two weeks.
PLEASE NOTE: The recruiting process can take approximately 6 months or more to complete. If you do not live in the area at the time you apply, note that travel to Courtenay will be required at least 3-4 times to complete the recruiting process. We do not have capacity to process applicants who reside outside of British Columbia unless you are willing to travel and relocate at your own expense.
Qualifications & requirements
- Possess a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
- Possess Canadian Citizenship
- Be 19 years or older at the time of enrolment
- Be of good character and free of any criminal activities
- Meet the health and psychological standards
- Meet language requirements (English)
- Typing speed 43 words per minute with 95% accuracy or better
- Strong computer skills in Windows PC environment
- Be willing and able to work shift work up to 12 hours per shift
(including nights, weekends and holidays. The centre operates 24/7)
- Be available for full-time work during the training period (approx. 10 months)
The hiring process consists of several phases that assess competencies and suitability:
- Career Presentation (mandatory)
- Computerized multi-tasking and decision making test (the CritiCall Exam)
- Selection Interview Board
- Selection Package
- Health Assessment
- Security Interview and Suitability Review
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career offering great benefits, then please register for the next available Career Presentation to start your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $51,673.00 to $66,496.00 /year
- Secondary School (Required)