Our architectural millwork company is seeking Cabinet Makers. They are responsible for the fabrication
and assembly of cabinets and other millwork pieces using a variety of woods and laminates. The
successful candidate(s) will be part of an amazing team that produces high-quality millwork. No two
projects are the same and our cabinet makers are always working on something challenging and
expanding their skill set. The ideal candidate(s) for this role will have previous experience in millwork.
This role requires a great attention to detail and a vast knowledge of millwork and cabinetry.
- Reading and understanding architectural drawings, blueprints, and specifications
- Operating all tools and machinery associated with woodworking, such as power saws, jointers,
and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete units using glue and
clamps, and reinforce joints using nails, screws, or other fasteners
- Organizing and sorting parts in preparation for assembly
- Constructing cabinets and other millwork pieces needed
- Constructing custom items to the highest possible standard of quality
- Complete trim work, fine trim work and fabrication and assembly of hardware
- Assembling complex items using plastic laminates, wood veneers, metals, glass, and solid surface
- Working to AWI/AWMAC premium grade standards.
- 5+ years of experience is preferred
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, saws, and routers in a safe manner
- Knowledgeable in many kinds of wood
- Knowledgeable in veneer – i.e., how to match, install and apply it
- Able to communicate and interpret both imperial and metric units
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Willing to train new employees
- Good problem solving and time management skills
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks depending on timelines
- Extreme attention to detail
- Must be capable of lifting and handling sheet goods
This is a full-time position. Wage will be based on experience. If this position appeals to you, please send
a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will collect resumes until the position has been filled. Only
those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all who apply.