Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week:
Please note, this is a temporary full-time contract opportunity with an expected end date of March 28, 2022 to cover a leave of absence. Secondments are welcome.
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Student Experience (SE) Portfolio inspires all learners to ignite extraordinary change in the world, and supports the whole learner’s growth through programs, services and experiences that foster well-being, build connections and develop skills.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Engagement & Storytelling, the Digital Engagement Coordinator is focused on the delivery of internal digital communications, with a primary audience of students, faculty and staff, as well as external communications as it relates to the mandate within Student Experience. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and distributing content across a number of social media channels, ensuring that messages are on-brand and articulated persuasively in social channels of strategic importance. The purpose of this content is to foster digital engagement opportunities to build a sense of belonging and common identity amongst Western students. The Digital Engagement Coordinator will coordinate communications and marketing projects, and provide advice on related matters to ensure Western’s brand and reputation is enhanced locally, nationally and internationally as it relates to Student Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Business
- Masters in Education, Higher Education, Student Affairs, Media, Journalism is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3 years’ experience in communications, marketing and/or publication and successfully managing projects in a dynamic environment
- Direct experience in higher education communications & media
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to complete detailed analytics and reports
- Communication skills to engage audiences, with confidence interacting with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability and willingness to stay abreast of technological developments with a commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to apply creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to daily work
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy and to analyze and synthesize sizable amounts of detail/data
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading abilities with an excellent command of the English language
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule to accommodate the University’s events and activities and travel on occasion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and adapt to growth and change
- A strong record of teamwork with the motivation and ability to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative and follow through on work assignments
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners and external agencies
- Proven ability and natural inclination to interact with people in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
- Ability to analyze metrics and consider past communications to craft engaging written communications using social media or other appropriate channels
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to conduct training sessions and instruct others
- Ability to multi-task and maintain and organized and effective personal work environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Knowledge of design software including: Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of photography and image capture and the ability to use SLR camera equipment effectively
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.