The Company is committed to fair and accessible employment recruiting practices that attract and retain employees with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility at all stages of the employment cycle.
Sonoco is a Global Packaging Solutions Leader. A successful/productive company that proudly manufactures paper, plastic metal and wood products, marketed throughout the world. We bring more to packaging than just the package! Package Your Career #packageyourlife
Take the next step and stake your future with a world-leading company that helps you excel and rewards your best efforts. We encourage and enable upward movement within the company, and we’ve built an industry-leading business on the philosophy that every person and every idea counts.
Our key focus is SAFETY, by creating a zero-injury environment. If you have a strong commitment to safety, excellent attendance, a strong work ethic and a desire to learn, this role might be right for you.
If you enjoy work as a general laborer, production/factory worker, your application is of interest to us.
As the Utility Person, you will:
To qualify, you(r):
- assist team members in removing finished goods from machine
- perform routine inspections on various process-related equipment
- operate and clean various operation related power equipment
- use powered propane/diesel lift truck/tow motor (upon in-house certification)
- organize work stations for daily routine tasks
- maintain a safe, clean work environment
- perform other duties as required
When you join Sonoco, you will get The Total Package:
- possess a good level of computer and mechanical aptitude skills
- preferably have prior production/mill house experience
- familiarity with confined spaces and Lock/Tag/Try knowledge is a definite asset
- tow motor/lift truck experience is desirable
- are able to work with minimal supervision
- are 18 years of age or older
- have Grade 12 education or equivalent (proof required at first interview)
- are legally entitled to work in Canada
- are able to perform physical requirements of the job (lifting up to 50 lbs)
- are available to work Continental, rotating 12-hour shifts, day shifts to overnight shifts and willing to work overtime, as required
Stability, Growth/Opportunity, and an excellent Total Rewards Package including competitive pay, benefits, profit sharing and pension plan, as well as production bonuses and shift premiums for overtime weekend work. Next Steps For You:
The Sonoco recruitment process for our Entry-Level Production opportunity will require you to:
- Submit an on-line application
- Undergo a brief pre-qualifying telephone interview
- Interview at our Brantford, Paper Mill facility
- Undergo background review and reference checks
Sonoco values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Sonoco is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.