For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs.
MDA is looking for one motivated and talented Software Engineer with an Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant background to join the Aviation department for 8 months at our Richmond, B.C. office for 8 months, starting in May 2021 . The successful candidate will apply proven engineering processes and work with integrated technologies to help build massive, intricate systems.
- Planning work, providing effort estimates and driving your work to completion
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting high quality software development applications
- Participating in integration, testing and deployment of software applications
- Assisting in troubleshooting problems in a software production environment
- Following established development processes and corporate technical and quality standards
- Candidate should have completed their 3rd year of school work, working on a University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in software development and test
- Knowledge of OOP design patterns and standard development practices
- Experience scripting using Perl or Python
- Creating tools to support development and test
- A team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in the Aviation domain is not required – a keen interest in learning about it is
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
Reference ID: R09796
Contract length: 8 months
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: Up to $1.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used
- Computer Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- c++: 1 year (Preferred)