Torrent Shotcrete is Canada's premiere structural shotcrete provider. We are seeking a Health & Safety professional with a minimum of 2 years experience in construction.The candidate must be comfortable working in an office environment and on construction job sites. The position will require administrative work at our Coquitlam, BC location and field work at construction sites throughout the Vancouver Lower Mainland. Strong interpersonal skills and and computer skills are required.
- Provide H&S support to other departments in the form of training, risk assessment, accident investigation, and compliance.
- Assist with critical risk management and related risk assessment processes.
- Raise awareness regarding safety aspects throughout the company.
- Maintain online OH&S management system, including processes to promote continuous H&S improvement.
- Internal and external reporting of H&S incidents.
- Improve and build workplace inspection documents.
- Participate in the Occupational Health & Safety Committee.
- Monitor progress towards the safety team's improvement plan.
- Communicate with Managers and Superintendents concerning safety issues.
- Conduct on-site safety inspections.
- Ensure all employees are certified to perform job tasks safely and properly.
- Assist with supplying WorkSafe BC with all the necessary information regarding workplace claims.
- Assist with the management of workers on return to work programs.
- Conduct new employee orientations & safety testing.
- Manage PPE.
- Ensure Project Hazzard Assessments are completed and documented.
- Prepare monthly safety reports for the management team.
- Maintain safety manuals, systems and documentation.
- Maintain requirements for COR certification.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - oral and written.
- Skilled at negotiating and conflict resolution.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Highly focused, organized, detail oriented and skilled at multi-tasking.
- Highly motivated, positive and eager.
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced office & field environments.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Willingness to work overtime on weekdays and weekends if necessary.
- Occupational Health & Safety Diploma/Certification or relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a safety position with a construction company.
- Good knowledge of WorkSafe Regulations and other legal responsibilities.
- BCCSA Internal auditor certification desirable.
- Additional training desirable i.e. Incident Investigation, Joint Health & Safety Committee, Fall Protection, First Aid, Combined Space, Train the Trainer, Supervisor Training, CSTS-09, CRSP.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Competitive salary & benefits package.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- construction health & safety: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)