Analyze and Develop Business Processes:
- Develop comprehensive metrics for measuring manufacturing effectiveness.
- Develop and improve visual SOPs and work instructions
- Analyze / observe operational KPI and processes to identify operational deficiencies and improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team to identify waste in the manufacturing process; Implement new tools, methods, standards and processes to eliminate those wastes
- Analyze and simulate data including process mapping, developing tools, and benchmark / best practices research
- Understand and conceptualize cross-functional business processes, and effectively apply process analysis and improvement techniques and tools
- Use both formal and informal channels to obtain information, build support and accomplish tasks
- Continuous improvement specialists act as internal consultants to the business and operations
- Liaise with key stakeholders (department managers) to develop short- and long-term strategies for the organization/department and incorporating best practices to reduce waste, and improve overall efficiency (workflow and output)
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing and Engineering teams to identify and implement product improvements that enable more cost effective and timely manufacturing
- Analyze, gather historical data and projection growth data for modelling the impact of proposed process improvement initiatives / projects
- Prioritize and roadmap process improvement initiatives / projects based on impact, cost, and effort to implement
- Relentlessly pursue methods to lower manufacturing lead times and costs
- Develop project implementation plans and budgets to ensure successful opportunity realization
- Coordinate and lead project implementation activities, including change control processes, collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure on-time, on-budget implementation
- Develop change management materials to support successful project implementation
- Facilitate training and continuous improvement discovery and design events
- Introduce lean manufacturing techniques and concepts to the manufacturing team and provide training as required
- A crucial aspect of the continuous improvement methodology is monitoring progress in order to check if the implemented changes yield desirable results. Process Improvement Specialist is to establish measurable standards/KPIs at the start of a project and then measure and monitor actual project results against these, regularly generating detailed update reports for management.
- Regularly report on and present to management regarding team performance, project schedules, budget, performance measures, support efforts, corrective actions, customer feedback, and issue identification
- Establish relationships with front line managers, supervisors, and leads to create a continuous improvement culture and drive accountability for project implementation success
- Monitor project progress and anticipate necessity for developing contingency plans or taking corrective actions
Experience and Education:
- Education: Degree Engineering, Math, Sciences, or related field
- Work Experience in Continuous Improvement and Project Management: 1-3 years (Preferred)
Successful candidates will demonstrate the below competencies
- Systems Thinking: incumbents must have a broad strategic view and know the impact of work to the department and plan for the short and long term.
- Creative Problem Solving: The ability to analyze the impact and break apart any complex problems is critical, to focus on getting the best result for the client.
- Agility: Ability to anticipate, assess, and readily adapt to changing priorities, manage resilience in times of uncertainty and effectively work in a changing environment
- Drive for Results: Knowing what outcomes are important and maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization, while maintaining accountability to each other and external stakeholders.
- Develop Networks: Proactively building networks, connecting, and building trust in relationships with different stakeholders.
- Build Collaborative Environments: Leads and contributes to the conditions and environments that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Continuous Improvement: 1 year (Required)
- Project management: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)