Sandy Bay Child & Family Services Inc.
The agency is seeking applicants for the following position:
Case Aide – Main Office (Marius)
Sandy Bay Child & Family Services (SBCFS) is a mandated agency by the Southern First Nations Network of Care Child and Family Services Authority.The agency operates with the authority to provide child and family services to community members of Sandy Bay First Nation both on- and off-reserve. We are committed to recruiting inspired, accountable and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Reporting to CFS Supervisor and supports and implements a range of goal-oriented intervention to children and families or to children in care
- Regular client contact and ensuring prompt submission of reports/documentation
- Knowledge of teaching methods and successful delivery of programs for parenting skills, life skills, budgeting, nutrition and household management
- Advocate and assist client to access community resources
- Supervising family visits, escorting children and/or parents to scheduled appointments
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 plus 3 years experience in a related position
- Knowledge of Manitoba CFS Act; collateral services/community resources; respect of First Nations culture & traditional philosophy
- Excellent work record/history, time management & organizational skills
- Have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and willing to travel
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of team
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered a definite asset
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid MB Driver License if required
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Check is a requirement for all SBCFS positions
- Candidate must be willing to travel to communities affiliated with agency
- Must be able to perform duties after hours and on weekends
If interested, please forward resume andcover letterto:
Nicole La Fleche, HR Manager
Sandy Bay Child & Family Services 32 Tupper St. N.
Portage la Prairie, ManitobaR1N 1W8
Closing date: January 14, 2019
Salary is based on education and experience. Only those selected for interview to be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)