Customer Relations Clerk
Contract – Canada Summer Job
Margaret Bahen Hospice, part of the Better Living family of organizations, has an opening for the position of Customer Relations Clerk. The successful candidate will provide families with information about the residential hospice, administrative support and also assist the PalCare training and education program.
This positions reports to: Office and Facilities Coordinator
The successful candidate for this position must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business Administration or a related field is an asset
- Proficient in the use of computers, including the Microsoft Office suite
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Screening within one month of employment
The successful candidate for this position must be able to:
- Provide information to families and community members
- Guide families and community member on tours of the residential hospice if applicable
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Deliver reliable solutions to the Client with a sense of urgency
- Assist with office supplies and clerical duties such as keeping track of inventory and organization in the office
- Demonstrate the ability to work individually and collaboratively as part of a dynamic team
- Assist with PalCare training and education program activities
- Collaborate with community partners and external stakeholders as required
- Assist with screening visitors and staff
To be eligible to participate in Canada Summer Jobs, Candidates Must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigrant and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
SALARY: *$14 / hour
Note: This position is funded for 30 hours in total. Hours of work and duration of position will be determined based on the needs of the department
Please quote “Customer Relations Clerk” on the cover letter and e-mail subject line.
Better Living is an equal opportunity employer and is in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their request for accommodation known when contacted. Thank you to all who express interest in this position and we welcome all resumes. However, only those granted an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Thank you.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Temporarily due to COVID-19