[COMPANY AND BRAND CONCEPT]
Ossington Canteen is a locally owned, multi-concept neighbourhood shop, bringing convenience to the community as a one-stop shop for grab ‘n go foods, groceries, café and bar. We offer an array of different cultural foods under one roof, such as Texas-style breakfast tacos by Republic of Tacos and British meat pies by Pies by Squires (and more!), both as to-go options or for dine-in! Our bar will serve a selection of selection of beers, wines and cocktails, as well as premium coffee and espresso beverages.
We aim to serve the local community – come in pick up some quick groceries and grab some lunch while you’re at it, or have a quick drink as you’re waiting to meet up with a friend!
BOH Team Member
217 Ossington Avenue, Toronto ON M6J 2Z8
Full time and part time opportunities available. Schedule is flexible and can be discussed with manager.
· Prepare and portion all items efficiently and with attention to detail.
· Monitor appropriate food temperatures.
· Prepare and stock all line product items and garnishes, maintaining assigned par levels
· Evaluate quality of food products.
· Operate dishwasher as directed. Ensure chemicals and water temperature are as expected
· Maintain kitchen area to high food safety and cleanliness standards
· Perform necessary trash and waste duties as required
· Follow proper inventory and receiving procedures
· Comply and action all health, food safety and hygiene standards and policies
· Other duties may be assigned
· Minimum of 1 year of restaurant kitchen experience is an asset
· Food Handler, Food Safety or equivalent certification is an asset
· Team player – assist in a positive guest experience however necessary
[DIVERSITY & INCLUSION]
We are committed to employment equity and diversity, and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations can be made for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please let us know if you require any accommodation for the interviews/meetings.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- restaurant kitchen: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)