WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse and outdoor facility located in Strathroy, ON. The Company also operates CX Industries, a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc. CX operates out of the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes selling directly to medical patients, strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where WeedMD’s adult-use brand Color Cannabis is sold.
WeedMD requires a IT Support Technician who is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT-serviced computer operations. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. IT Support is also responsible for recording problems/solutions within the IT call-tracking system.
- Resolve end-user IT issues, such as password reset, software questions, PC hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations, and so on.
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication.
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access).
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues to system administrator.
- Assist PC and network technicians by troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues.
- Where necessary, assist network technicians in installing network interface cards, hubs, switches, network cabling, and so on.
- Accurately log work understand resolutions into IT software management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process.
- Prioritize work orders according to severity.
- Conduct timely repair of IT equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Empower employees to find the tools to find IT solutions.
- Provide training to employees, teaching basic IT skills to minimize unnecessary work orders.
- Use IT log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all repair records, reports, and other documents as required.
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, courteousness, and friendliness
- High school diploma or equivalent, with a college or university degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- CompTIA A+/Network+ or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certification preferred.
- Direct work experience in an IT support capacity.
- Ability to diagnose problems, perform repairs on IT assets, and provide support for a wide range of applications.
- Experience with PC, desktop, hardware and printer support.
- Experience with Windows 10, Windows 8, Office365.
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources.
- Sound judgment to escalate issues to senior members within the IT organization.
- Knowledge of IT management software tools.
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
- Able to communicate in user-friendly language.
- Knowledge of computer workstation setup.
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Team player able to work under pressure.
- Full time position.
- Some travel may be required between our locations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer printer and other peripherals.
- Ability to physically inspect equipment.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Overtime as required.
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- IT Support: 1 year (Preferred)