ARC is seeking applications for Clinical Addictions Counsellors, responsible for the implementation of a full range of counselling services consistent with the philosophy and intent of Aurora Recovery Centre.
- Assess, counsel, and seek consult for personal, family, and work-related problems related to member's addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Screen/assess for self-harm/risk factors and create safety plans with members.
- Develop interventions and treatment plans with members using a member-centered approach.
- Facilitate client psycho-educational groups.
- Monitor member activity, identify treatment needs of members, and ensure managers and co-workers are aware of same.
- Provide conflict resolution and problem solving for members.
- Provide support and advocacy for members.
- Determine need for additional supports post-treatment and identify resources for members.
- Be available after hours to provide on-call support to members post-discharge.
- Complete all member file documentation in accordance with ARC policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with all team members and in the best interest of the members.
- Attend team meetings, clinical supervision, and staff training as directed.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of co-occurring disorders
- Demonstrated knowledge of the concepts of resistance, engagement, and resilience as these relate to people with addictions and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Training and demonstrated skills in at least one clinical modality (Motivational Interviewing, Solution-focused etc.)
- Intake + assessments
- A minimum of 1 years of experience facilitating individual and group counselling/self-help
- Possess an empathic presence balanced by assertiveness and willingness to probe.
- Demonstrated experience with goal setting and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a team member.
- Be committed to supporting the philosophy and intent of ARC.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Must be in good physical and mental health. May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff. May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, and physical and emotional stress. May be occasionally required to work extended hours. May be required to work evening and weekend shifts.
This position is subject to successful completion of Criminal Record and Child & Adult Abuse Registry Checks.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to:
Aurora Recovery Centre
Attn: Counselling Supervisor - Brenda
P.O. Box 1997
20025 Lakeside Road
Gimli, MB ROC 1BO
ARC is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, however, first preference must be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- gambling addiction: 1 year (Preferred)
- addiction counselling: 1 year (Required)
- sex addiction: 1 year (Preferred)