Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Are you a creative thinker who enjoys solving problems and continuous learning?
Are you a someone who strives to promote quality throughout the SDLC?
Would you like to be part of a team that grows together and pushes software to its next level, all while having fun?
If so, then the following position may be a great fit for you.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Leader of the Test Operations team, the Software Developer in Test is part of a team that focuses primarily on building robust, scalable, and high quality test automation solutions . He or she will collaborate with energetic teams of Developers, Test Engineers, and Technical Product Managers throughout the development process to ensure high quality deliverables. The Software Developer in Test is adept in the arenas of both Test Engineering and Software Development.
The Test Operations team’s mission is to provide tooling, guidance, and leadership in support of test automation creation, execution, maintenance, and metrics analysis as well as promote coding standards and quality test creation with an emphasis on maintaining a robust continuous delivery pipeline. This team owns the shared test automation frameworks, tooling, and test execution strategies utilized by teams throughout R&D.
- Design, develop, maintain, enhance, and communicate test automation systems and tools for use by development, test engineers, and QA
- Contribute to creation, extension, and communication of test automation best practices
- Provide leadership on continuous quality improvements for the product and processes
- Perform source code analysis to determine quality gaps and communicate high risk areas
- Assist in assessing product quality and release readiness
- Facilitate creation and execution of automated test suites
- Analyze test automation failures and determine the root cause from source code
- Participating in design and architectural discussions
- Help ensure new code moves easily through our deployment pipeline
- Mentor test engineers
- 2-3 years of experience in enterprise software development and working experience with C# and .NET framework
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong experience in management and execution of Black Box, Integration, System, Functional, UI testing, API testing, Web Services testing (SOAP, REST, OData), WCF testing and Regression testing of various applications
- Solid experience creating and maintaining test automation frameworks using tools such as Selenium, FitNesse, SpecFlow and/or Cucumber
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database system
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile software development
- A self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with or desire to work in an agile development environment (Scrum)
- Experience with SaaS product companies is a plus
- Experience with a variety of web application development and testing technologies
- Experience instrumenting CI/CD pipelines
- Azure service development and deployment
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.