Budget Demolition is seeking highly motivated, safety conscious and experienced Torchman/Burner and offering a signing bonus for the right candidate.
Budget Demolition is a COR certified, family owned business, operating throughout Ontario specializing in the de-construction and demolition of buildings and decommissioned structures. We are looking for workers with demolition experience and up to date safety training and certifications.
A positive, team work focused attitude, an ability to work out of town Monday to Friday, and a strong belief in safety are essential for success at Budget Demolition. In return, Budget Demolition offers an exceptional compensation package, opportunity for growth with a great company focused on engagement for the right candidate.
Qualifications, Competencies & Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years’ demolition/construction experience with references
- Experience in the safe and efficient execution of structural demolition, specializing in structural torching
- Performs all duties as scheduled and assists others as directed to meet job site and customer expectations
- Presents him or herself professionally, respectfully and honestly with all customers, crew, coworkers and management
- Immediately reports all unsafe situation or safety related issues to site supervisor or management
- Completion of tasks including but not limited to: preparation of work site, lifting and moving materials, site cleanup, materials sorting and loading in conjunction with job specific requirements
- Familiar with Health and Safety systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ethical and works with a high level of integrity
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation to/from Hamilton are required for the role
Listed below are key elements of the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity continuously and repeatedly throughout an 8 – 12-hour shift.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, climbing, sitting and lifting continuously and repeatedly.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or within a construction/demolition job site
- Employees will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
· Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
If you have a strong service commitment, enthusiasm, objectivity, and a desire to meet and exceed challenges, then please apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Structural Torching: 2 years (Required)
- Demolition: 3 years (Preferred)