Junior 5-Ton Pickup and Delivery Driver Position
YYC Freight Services is a well-established Calgary based company offering warehousing, ground handling and transportation services to the freight forwarding community, direct shippers, and the aviation industry. Located at the Calgary International Airport with direct access to tarmac (air side), we are perfectly situated to service our clients on and off the airport.
YYC Freight Services has always been committed to providing a superior work environment, and is proud of its established team of qualified employees. We are currently looking for a dedicated and motivated individual to join our team as a Junior 5-Ton Pickup and Delivery Driver.
- On-time deliveries, in town and out of town using our vehicle fleet (5-ton trucks with air brakes, cargo vans, 1-ton truck with a 30-foot flat deck trailer and minivans)
- Able to travel long distances and complete assigned duties, while maintaining accuracy on all required tasks
- Prepare orders by processing requests; pulling materials/shipments, packing/re-packing boxes and skids
- Assist with warehouse shipping/receiving tasks when required
- Help to oversee the condition of vehicles and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness
- Assist with performing preventive maintenance
- Fill out driver's log book on a daily basis
- Communicate with dispatchers to complete assigned deliveries and pickups.
- Clean Driver's Abstract with an Air Brake endorsement
- Warehouse experience & forklift skills an asset
- Must be able to pass security clearance (background check)
- Ability to work weekends & evenings is required
- Must be willing and able to be on call for hotshot deliveries within Alberta and throughout western Canada
- Must be able to drive a standard 5 ton and demonstrate proficiency at backing up in confined spaces
- Experience in the transportation industry required
- Transport of Dangerous Goods Certification an asset
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Clear communication skills & excellent knowledge of English
- Ability to work independently & part of a team
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Work with minimal supervision, able to follow oral and written instructions
- High level of personal initiative & motivation to participate in ongoing training & learning
- Wage is negotiable based on experience
This driving position is available immediately.
Please include a cover letter with your resume when applying.
Job Type: Full-time
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)