Work part-time from the comfort of your own home!
We’re seeking dynamic individuals who have excellent communication skills and customer service experience (call centre, retail or restaurant environment) to join our team of outbound Customer Service Agents.
Our Customer Service Agents are the ambassadors, the first contact with our customers for Diabetes Canada and its operations arm, National Diabetes Trust. Through our “Declutter” program, we divert more than 100 million pounds of clothing and household items from landfills. This energy savings is equivalent to planting 8.6 million trees each year. One hundred percent of net proceeds directly supports Diabetes Canada and helps send more than 2,500 children and youth with Type 1 diabetes to Diabetes Canada's D-Camps. Additionally, we raise funds for world-leading diabetes research, education and advocacy.
As an employee on the National Diabetes Trust team, you are part of our national coverage in 2,500 communities, with 28 operations and 100 trucks. Join a team that is making a difference raising money for life altering charitable programs, all while helping the environment.
About the Role
Here is a terrific opportunity for individuals based in Regina who are looking to work part time from the comfort of their own home.
We provide the contact information and the scripts; you provide the professional manners, discipline and organization skills to call potential customers to offer to pick up of gently used clothing, small household goods and appliances and books/textbooks. Our drivers will take it from there and pickup these items from the customers to deliver to our corporate partners. Proceeds generated from these activities directly support diabetes research, education, programs and advocacy in the fight to end Diabetes.
Ideally, you will have the following experience and skills:
- Minimum high school diploma
- 6 months – 1 year of experience in customer service and/or call centre environment
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment, while being able to manage multiple tasks
- Strong computer skills and experience with computer databases
- Intermediate computer skills- mouse, keyboarding, opening/closing programs, locating files, installing/uninstalling programs, updating software, basic troubleshooting
- Intermediate Web and E-mail skills- Internet, downloading, logging on/off, clearing history, sending and receiving e-mail messages, (attaching/saving/opening files), message boards, instant messaging
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Advanced Oral and Written communication
- Disciplined and organized self-starter who can succeed in a fast-paced, high volume call environment
- Available to work a maximum of 29 hours per week in 8-hour daily time blocks
- Available weekends, both Saturdays and Sundays
What We Offer
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Be a member of a high-performing team within a growing socially and environmentally responsible organization
- A meaningful role in an organization that is making a direct impact on the fight to end diabetes
- Competitive industry-standard salary
- Corporate discount at GoodLife Fitness
How to Apply
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise us during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.56 /hour