Nason's teamwork approach combines the efforts of our professional engineers, technical staff and skilled trades people to deliver challenging projects through safe operations and specialized services. Nason rewards innovation and creativity and promotes a healthy balance between professional and personal life.
We provide a wide variety of training including job specific safety and leadership training for apprentices and journeypersons. We value trade experience and support opportunities to advance into other positions in the firm including estimating, project management, site management or safety. We offer competitive wages, proper tools and a comprehensive benefits plan provided through The Christian Labour Association of Canada (CLAC).
We are always searching for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our ever-growing Nason team. Please take a look at our current opportunities.
.The Project Manager leads, directs and coordinates the daily management of the assigned project(s). This leadership position is accountable for the overall performance of the project including safety performance, costs, schedule, quality, project status, and adherence to company policies and procedures. More importantly, the Project Manager will manage a successful team and help develop future construction professionals.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Provide safety leadership through implementation of the Bird Safety Program and monitoring the safety performance of the project team and subcontractors.
- Planning, scheduling, setting objectives and controlling activities during the construction phase of a project(s) in conjunction with the Project Superintendent and Project Team.
- Supervision and development of project team members through regular feedback, training and coaching; timely completion of performance evaluations.
- Administration and management of prime contract and subcontracts; includes negotiation and awarding of subcontracts for scopes of work as well as review and evaluation of subcontractor performance.
- Manage project budget and billings and work with accounting to ensure timely payment of A/R and A/P.
- Review and analysis of costs and identify revenue opportunities.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting on financial and overall performance of project to Senior Management.
- Foster and maintain positive relations and communication with clients, consultants, architects and subcontractors.
- Progressive experience in General Contracting; direct project management of large projects required.
- 5 or more years of Project Manager experience in mechanical process projects required.
- Technical background in mechanical engineering or engineering technology preferred.
- Your demonstrated leadership, project management and problem-solving skills support your collaborative approach to delivering results and developing team members.
- Service and results-oriented; you are able to build and steward trust with a broad network of professional colleagues, subcontractors and team members to effect competitive excellence, pride in teamwork and outstanding project delivery.
- You have demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office and Primavera; experience with the Viewpoint Project Management system will be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.